Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show prices with tax (EU) for unregistered users

Started by Liewilyn, July 25, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liewilyn

Hi Guys,

We really need help here,
We are developing a webshop using Joomla 2.5.6/virtuemart 2.0.8e...

I configured virtuemart to give tax only on those countries under EU, the problem is I want to show those prices with tax when a visitor comes to the site. Because as of now if your not logged-in on the site you will just see prices without tax, the prices that are show on those outside EU Countries.

This was done in Virtuemart 1 with a hack, I hope this feature was added on this latest version or if there is a hack for this please let me know so I can try.

Thanks a lot to Virtuemart Team...

John2400

tax can be configured by country , state etc in 2.0.8 -

this is tax shown added to the good + the tax shown by itself - non registered.( guest)

you should just test 2.0.8 on a new folder on your site first -

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Liewilyn

Hi John,

how did you made it to show prices with tax to non-registered(Guest) on the site?

My configuration under "Taxes and Calculation Rules" is:

Calculation Rule name: Eu Tax
Type of Arithmetic Operation: Tax per product
Math Operation: +%
Value: 19
Currency: Euro
Category: all products categories
shopper groups: -blank-
State / Province / Region: All that falls under EU
Visible for Shopper: yes
Visible for vendor: yes

and under the product configuration:

Pricing rules overrides: apply default rules (That is Eu Tax)

But it still shows prices of products without VAT for non-registered(Guest)...

Is there a mistake on my configuration? please let me know...

Thanks a Lot!

John2400

In 2.0.8 versions - all and up to 2.0.8 e  this is the configuartion settings you can set in the back end.

This is not the configuration for your tax but you can do anything here- to show or hide a tax

* your setting is the tax - this is elsewhere in the main configuration

Liewilyn

Hi John,

I tried that already on the configuration>Pricing tab

I even checked all of the possible options to show... but I still don't see prices with tax on the front-end as non-registered (Guest)

Liewilyn

Can you please give me your exact configuration? on your:
1. tax and calculations rules
2. products page configuration for prices and rules affecting
3. on the virtuemart configuration

Thanks in advance....

robboh69

Shopper group for non logged in is "-anonymous-" I think. Try that.

Edit:
This is what I did.
1) Made one calculation rule for logged in "all EU countries and so on" Shopper group "-default-".
2) Made one more rule for not-logged in "no countries selected" and shopper group "-anonymous-"

One rule applies if you are logged in (and is within EU) and the other rule applies for not logged in...

Hope that makes sense and helps.  :)

John2400

no , no .

non logged in users (guests) are in he default group and you do not have to set it on anything.

John2400

Liewilyn,

a few images :
1/Set up the tax in image one-
2/ product set up
3/configuartion
4/image finished -

the text is done a different way -       not eno group set againt product

Liewilyn

I tried your configuration John, but when I logged in using a non-EU country address the tax is still affecting... :(

I'll make a shot on the one robboh69 posted, I'll post an update later...

Liewilyn

Hi Robboh69,

Can you please give me the configurations on the two rules that you made?

Thanks...

robboh69

I Don't know John2400... These settings did it for me. I'm not sure why exactly since I came up with this solution after som trial and error.

Edit: I should add that I had to do these settings after one of the upgrades (think it was after upgrading to 2.0.8c) before that things were like you describe.

John2400

Liewilyn,

Your request and settings ?
* You want the EU tax to show all the time? guest and logged in european user?
If this is correct then delete the country and state from the tax setup? then every one sees the tax.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If not the your setting will only work for a person who is already registered on your site who lives in that region. Or when a guest is adding their address details.

So with the setting below that you have set .What happens a customer a guest will arrive at your shop, move to the shop to buy and when they add their address they will see the prices change. and show the tax.

Liewilyn

Hi John 2400,

Yes I want everyone to see it, but the point here is that only those who have EU address will only be affected with tax rate.

John2400

mmm,

then that is different. If you have a good and apply the tax to be seen by all then everyone gets the tax.

* really I don't see the point if I am australian and you show me the european tax (alraedy displayed) but it does not apply to me they why show it?  You simply need to say that products will contain "regional taxes"  - this tax will be applied at the cart level.

* Customers will be aware of these taxes- If I was from Australia I would not purchase if I saw any tax not related to my region.

If not then you have to try and write a reverse tax - eg If not european then taxes will be deducted by X amount? You might try that.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105975.0;topic    seen interesting idea