News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

want to create custom field that works according to other cutom field

Started by muhammad0mujahid, July 24, 2012, 15:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muhammad0mujahid

I am selling shoes on my website and I have two custom fields that I want to setup in this way that if I select one custom field the second custom field change it options according to first custom field.

For Example
I have Color and Size custom fields in my product cart option like this

So what I want is that whenever a customer select the color "black" the Size drop down only show the sizes that are available in black color.

If color changes the sizes also change with it. So I want to assign specific sizes to specific color.

Thanks

PRO

muhammad0mujahid

can you please explain more ? I tried to do it with child product but no luck, maybe i am not doing right.

I am waiting for you reply
Thanks

PRO

muhammad0mujahid

I am using Generic child variant to show child products that have different colors with different sizes but there is a problem.
I don't want for customer to have problem coming back to parent product from child product because in child product there is not option like this
I don't want the generic child variant drop down box to show parent product in parent product webpage.
I don't want child product name to be shown in Generic child variant drop down box but the custom text that I want to be shown.

easy

what about doing it this way:

Product name: SUPER SHOES
Child Product names: Size 1, Size 2, Size 3, etc....
Each child products can have different colors with custom field - cart variants

Check if it will work this way.