Availability Date not Showing in Product details page

Started by atrus, July 24, 2012, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atrus

Hi to all,

Noticed that the Availability Date is not showing in the Product Details page, so the customers are not aware when the product will be back in stock approximately (VM 2.0.8e)

Would appreciate your comments.

Rgrds

John2400

I am confirming that the availability date does not work- no matter what the configuration or the stock levels, It  will not display for me.

I too presume that it lets clients know an exact date that it may be available.

version 2.0.8 e

tinfoilball

Same here. No Availability icons for virtuemart 2.0.8e. Searched source code, but not there. Checked the file and directory permissions, all readable. I can confirm that whatever date value is selected in edit product, this is stored in the database 0000-00-00 00:00:00. Manually altering the field in the db to a valid date such as  2012-07-18 14:43:48 does not correct the bug. The availability icons do not display. Replacing the icon image name with plain text does not display either.

I got the availability icons displaying by change a small line of code.

Around line 209 in /components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php
// Availability Image
$stockhandle = VmConfig::get('stockhandle', 'none');
if (($this->product->product_in_stock - $this->product->product_ordered) < 1) {

I changed the less than to a greater than to get the icon displaying, like this
// Availability Image
$stockhandle = VmConfig::get('stockhandle', 'none');
if (($this->product->product_in_stock - $this->product->product_ordered) > 1) {

John2400

Milbo

Quote from: markkenyon on August 15, 2012, 13:05:41 PM
I can confirm that whatever date value is selected in edit product, this is stored in the database 0000-00-00 00:00:00.

Hmm works for me, is 2.0.9 version, but we did not work on it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member