News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

View your order online link broken

Started by anotart, July 23, 2012, 18:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anotart

I'm using 2.08c on Joomla 2.5.6.

When I click "View your order online" from the email notification, this is the url that is executed:

http://www.kilnfusionstudio.com/index%20%20%20%20.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=details&order_number=9c9203&order_pass=p_377ad

When I remove the blanks (%%20%20%20%20), it goes to the order page.

I have checked url in the shop Vendor information and it looks correct -- no blanks after the name in the field.  I don't know what else to look at.

Thank you!

PRO

have you done any template overrides?

anotart

Yes - I made changes in the cart, category, productdetails and user

PRO

what happens when you disable the cart overrides and resend the confirmation?

there were to files moved around from cart to "invoices" that might effect this.
but those were around 2.06

anotart

I will try that -- I'm pretty green with VirtueMart -- can I just rename the override files for it to use the originals?  Also, is there a way to resend the invoice without making a new purchase?

Thank you for your help -- I've noticed you've answered almost every question I've put out -- I appreciate it!

PRO

yes, just rename, and

you can change the order status back and forth, to resend.

Its best to try on your own orders

anotart

I renamed my customization folder, resent the notice, and still got the same result.  I tried viewing from my iPad and it brought up the page correctly -- maybe it's something in Safari that eliminated the blanks?

I also signed into my mail account through different browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, IE -- all with the same results.

Another thought -- I did just move the site from my testing area to the the live url.  I used Akeeba backup and restore to do this.  Everything appeared to go smoothly.  This doesn't look like it's related, but just in case it provides a clue.

Thanks!

PRO

are you using HTML emails in config? if not switch to it, and try it

You could see if you have a corrupt file in the
views/invoice    folder

COPY the views/invoice folder, and FTP to the new site.

anotart

I continued having more problems -- link now went to home page, which I think was because I'm using AdminExile.  After I disabled that, it was going to the VirtueMart backend order.  I believe HTML email is set (images in the email I receive).

I found this:

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104988.0

Looks like there are a lot of issues with this.  After reading through the thread, I discovered I had more link issues than just the "View Order" link.   I decided to go back to 2.06 and that solved all the issues!  (Sorry I did not find this sooner -- for me AND you!)

I do have another question -- I made a change in components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php.  How do I do this with overrides when the file is not under "view" folder?

This experience has made me a bit gun-shy about upgrading VirtueMart.  Thank you for all your help!

PRO

what are you trying to do to the users?

anotart

I made a change that I found on the forum that, during checkout, will go directly to shipping selection rather than going back to have it selected separately.

This is what I found in the forum:

To streamline checkout to after adding address, go straight to shipping:

Find a way to change redirection of the edit adress pages.

I have just replace the following line in various functions in file:

components/com_virtuemart/controllers/user.php

Code: [Select]
$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart') , $msg);
by this one

Code: [Select]
$this->setRedirect(JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_shipment') , $msg);

Hope that it help further googlers with the same problem.

Thanks
Changed in three places – lines 130, 135, 246

PRO

from user registration? on save form?

Here is code that can redirect if the shipment is not filled in (I think, i didnt try it)
You could add that to the cart template, BUT, they will not be able to see cart if shipment isnt selected.

BUT:: I'm sure if you can think out the logic, you might be able to use it differently

<?php if ($this->cart->cartData['shipmentName'] == '') {
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
   $app->redirect('url-here', null, null, true, true);
}?>

^^^^^

BE CAREFUL with $app->redirect   

I use it alot,

anotart

Thank you for this.  I don't understand PHP much at all yet, so I will put this in my "tips" sheet and refer to it as I learn more.  I know enough to look at examples and modify slightly -- enough to be very dangerous!

Thank you very much for your help -- I appreciate it!