News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Checkout blank page problem

Started by gzco, July 22, 2012, 04:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzco

I have a problem with joomla (2.5.4) and VM 2.0.4.
when I confirm the checkout (4 step), it show a blank page.

I have installed AIO 2.0.4, SEO desactivated, URL friendly desactivated and PHP and MySql Versions required.

please, help me  :'(

ivus

Hi gzco.

If your page is completely blank, and you have all debug/errors display settings checked to OFF, then perhaps take a look in your error.log file. Chances are the last few entries will tell you why your page isn't loading.

I hope this helps.

gzco

Hi Ivus
I tried to work with the cart with Debug mode, and the problem still.
The error log don't showme nothing  :-\

I tried to install VM 2.0.6 and 2.0.8 but, doesn't work.

gzco

I found that the orders, it still registered, but the last information of checkout don't show to the user
I will be crazy.....  :-\

John2400

hi gzco,

I too had this issue in earlier versions - we changed the joomla>>Global configuration>>system>>cache Settings and Session times to 60- they are configureted to 15 normally.

* we updated to 2.0.8 versions - and that solved the issue - 
* now I can see you wrote "I tried to install VM 2.0.6 and 2.0.8 but, doesn't work."  - I am not clear on this -
* a) you cannot update? or after you updated the issue was still there?

Milbo

My experience is also that this is due 3rd party templates, especially one customer had the problem with gavick ones.

This happens quite easily, when your template is for 2.0.2 for example.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gzco

Hi!
John2400 when I try to install a VM 2.0.6 or 2.0.8 joomla gives me a blank page, and the istall was no process.
The Update online does not work...
I tried with a new installation in other folder with JML 2.5.6 with VM 2.0.4 and the problem with checkout last step was the same...
I tried intall in a Xampp in my computer, but VM in always versions of 2.0 showme a many errors.

I saw the php version in my server and is the 5.2.17... I asked to support and they answer that the update to PHP 5,3 isn't possible...

:'(  >:(

jenkinhill

Quote from: gzco on July 23, 2012, 19:48:34 PM
I saw the php version in my server and is the 5.2.17... I asked to support and they answer that the update to PHP 5,3 isn't possible...

That is not good. Minimum requirement for Joomla 2.5 is PHP 5.2.4  - http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

And for Joomla 3, out in 2 months the minimum will be 5.3
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

gzco

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 23, 2012, 23:53:43 PM
Quote from: gzco on July 23, 2012, 19:48:34 PM

That is not good. Minimum requirement for Joomla 2.5 is PHP 5.2.4  - http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

And for Joomla 3, out in 2 months the minimum will be 5.3

Hi,
I understand this, but the joomla works fine! completely!

John2400

Hi gzco,

as you can see from the answers - the real next step is to try a few of the mentioned items below.  I just wanted to say that Your service provider is the first I have heard that says they cannot update your site to a new PHP version. My provider copied my site and moved it completely - for free.   I believe that they actually had it on an older server and made an effort to simply copy and put it on  a newer version. I think you need to ask again for a reasonable answer.  If they wish to hold your service then they should be able to do the same. 

whoami

I have/had the same problem. Checkout works fine up until conformation. Then the blank/500 error page appears but the order is processed and a conformation mail is sent.

Then I downloaded the whole site and installed it local on XAMPP. No blank/500 error page. So VM seem fine. But where do I start searching for the cause?

PHP on both ends is 5.3.x
MySQL on both ends is 5.x