News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to turn off debug/info messages?

Started by steevithak, July 18, 2012, 21:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steevithak

I've installed VirtueMart 2.08e on Joomla 2.5.6 according to the instructions here:

http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Easy_VirtueMart_2_Install_Instructions

I then installed the sample data according to the instructions found here:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97646.msg321830#msg321830

Everything seems to work except that all VirtueMart screens are dumping what looks like debug information at the top; the store, the cart, everywhere. I've verified that debug mode is turned off in both Joomla and VirtueMart but I can't get rid of the stuff. How does one turn it off? Or is this an indication that something went wrong with my install? I've search the forum for solutions without any luck and checked the FAQ, so I'm assuming it isn't a common problem. Here's a sample of the gibberish being displayed at the top of every VirtueMart screen:

* Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:10 method->weight_start: method->weight_stop: result:1
        * Info: weigth_countries _nbproductsCond nbproducts:1 method->nbproducts_start:0 method->nbproducts_stop:0 result:1
        * weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:24.854775 method->orderamount_start:0 method->orderamount_stop:0 result:
        * weigth_countries _zipCond zip:55555
        * Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:10 method->weight_start: method->weight_stop: result:1
        * Info: weigth_countries _nbproductsCond nbproducts:1 method->nbproducts_start:0 method->nbproducts_stop:0 result:1
        * weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:24.854775 method->orderamount_start:0 method->orderamount_stop:0 result:

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

steevithak

Thanks, the fix suggested in that post worked for me, though the line numbers changed. I just searched for and commented out all calls to the vmAdminInfo() function in the file: /plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.php

Has anyone filed a bug report on this? It looks like it would be useful information to have displayed under some circumstances but it should only be there when the debug option is turned on.