News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Use CustomFields as CheckBoxes when creating product at backend instead ListBox

Started by Mole_LR, July 18, 2012, 17:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mole_LR

Hello!

Is there possible to make CustomField that works as CheckBoxes (not as ListBox) when creating the product?

If not - I suggest to consider implementing this feature in next versions...

Why - If I have CustomField with default value of >=10 items and the product has almost all of them, it will SAVE A LOT OF TIME for product creation when I choose 1 time CustomField and select only CheckBoxes instead of choosing X times appropriate CustomField and then choosing X times every value I need from ListBox!

Maybe there is some "solution" how to do at this moment?

Thank You!

P.S. I'm using final stable version VM2 2.0.8e

Mole_LR

Any solutions, ideas?  ;)

Does really nobody need this thing? Or I've described the problem wrong/unclear? Or I'm stupid and it is in VM2 but I just can not find/use it? :o

PRO

you might can "group" the custom fields
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_without_stock_control

My custom field plugin will allow you to apply a "template" of colors etc. and apply them with 1 click.
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/virtuemart-2-0-custom-field-dropbox-plugin
BUT!! It will not apply the template with price variants.

Mole_LR

Hello!

Thank You!

This is not what I really wanted as solution but I can do what I want: Define Parent, then define CustomFields as child separately for which I want to define Yes/No and use type: Boolean. When creating product, choose parent and I can see all CustomFields with default value=No and I can set to Yes for needed value!

BUT - in the very latest version there is bug as described here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105901.0
!!!

So, the solution which should work and I need really need do not work because values which I set to Yes are back to No ;-(

Mole_LR

Hello!

Any comments for this "bug", "feature"?

What is the problem - when creating/editing the product, I can not choose 1 Parent, then specify values for childs (Yes/No), then choose another 1 and do the same, because, when I choose another Parent, all specified values are lost... Workaround - after every Parent and child specifying I have to press Save button and only then choose another Parent with childs...

Its very bad, because it takes more time for choosing X parents, specifying X child(rens) and pressing Save button after each Parent.

What VM2 needs to have - that I can normally define CustomFields and only then pressing 1 Save button!

Please, keep it in mind to solve it in next versions (if it is not already planned)! I think and hope that I am not the only 1 who needs this solution... ;-O ;-)

Thank You!

P.S. Also I hope that its understandable what I've wrote and asking? ;-D

Fintan

I am seeking a solution for this as well for my pizza shop which should allow the shopper to add multiple extra toppings with an extra price for each topping.

@Mole_LR
QuoteThis is not what I really wanted as solution but I can do what I want: Define Parent, then define CustomFields as child separately for which I want to define Yes/No and use type: Boolean. When creating product, choose parent and I can see all CustomFields with default value=No and I can set to Yes for needed value!

Could expand on how you did this?

balai