News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

adding a manufacturer via "add product" page possible?

Started by thomas.nimbs, July 18, 2012, 12:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas.nimbs

Hi there.

My question is: Is it possible to add a field to the "add product"-page, so that it is possible to add a manufacturer if its not in the list already.

I've added a field "new manufacturer" but it won't post/create a new manufaturer in the manufacturers-table.
If anyone has an idea how to solve this, it would be awesome.

If you need further information just send me an e-mail or PN and I'll see if i can provide information that is necessaray.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerly Thomas

edit:
Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable
Virtuemart 2.0.8c

John2400

thomas.nimbs,

You can add the name in the description part of any product but The new manufacturer should appear if you have set up your store correctly.
* Ensure the manufacturer is in the right category, published, set to show in the product order settings, is not on the next page in manufacturers list or is not in the drop down list of a product you would like to add it to.

You should also mention your VM version, joomla version.

Adding a special field ? - lets just see if we can get it going first -

Some sites have a logo - above the product like a water mark or logo - you will have to search in the forums for the code.

thomas.nimbs

Manufacturers are working fine.
I am able to add/edit/manage the list of manufacturers and they will appear in the dropdown-list at "add product"-page.

The only Problem is that my boss wants a field or at least a possibilty to add a new manufacturer from within the "product information"-form.
He wants trainees to be able to add products and manufacturers from one form only.

*we're a publishing company and new authors (manufacturers in this case) will appear consistently*

Any other Information needed?

msv

Hi, I want the same functionality - when adding the product to add the new manufacturer automatically if not in list.
Did you find the solution?