News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't set price

Started by BaidareW, July 17, 2012, 23:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaidareW

For some products I can't set price in 2.0.8d and e

I get "cost Price empty, if child, everything okey, this is just a dev note" - and no price is saved :(

Milbo

looks like you enter the final price and dont check the box.

vm is only storing the costprice
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

BaidareW

Well everything is checked. I have many products entered before. I just write price, check calculate field and then click save.

lipes

Milbo: I've already reported that problem many time ago.......
in 2 Posts in different Months! :-|

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104960.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104585.0

I've already reported another problems about las VM "stable" version here:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105377.msg351366#msg351366
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

boumy

same for me. It's the first time I use VM  :(

And I don't see the "add to cart" button on front page.

Any Idea ? Thank You.

my config :
VM 2.0.8e
Linux
Mysql    5.0.77
utf8_general_ci
PHP    5.2.17
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Navigateur    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2

boumy

Maybe I have found a clue for us.

I have opened the table virtuemart_product_price_id joomla! data base. There I can set a price without being ignored by virtuemart admin pages. After that the "add to cart" button appeared !  :)
This is not a good solution of course but at least I can now try VM.

I hope it will help you and encourage people to seek what is causing trouble.

Edit : I set the price to 1. I didn't tried with 0. One thing is sure: after I updated the database via mysql, the admin pages now works fine, I can set the price to another price via the admin pages of virtuemart !

lipes

boumy: we're talking here about different things

boumy

@lipes
Are you sure? I have had exactly the same message as BaidareW had  and our version of VM are the same.
But it is not mandatory to thank.

lipes

you're talking about "add to cart" button... and i cant find that on BaidareW msg (You can do the quote for me..)

Even in the Topic we could read "set price" (it's in Back End) ... not about the "add to cart" button (that's a different thing -> Front end)

so i cant understand your logical / Solution way to solve the problem here.... for Set the final Price with the check the box On... and hitting the SAVE button.. in Back End...

boumy

I'am sad that we can't understand each other.
Here is my workflow when I encountered the error:
I was in the joomla! Back-end -> added a product in vm admin pages-> set its name and reference but didn't set the price -> then I hit the save button -> and got this string on top of the Tabs of virtuemart. This message encouraged me to have a look at the font end -> there I can see my new product but there is no "add to cart" button -> I go in back-end again and type a price (with or without the checkbox on "calculate...). But every time I click save I get de same message : "cost Price empty, if child, everything okey, this is just a dev note" and the price is not saved at all. The fields remain as default.

When I add a price directly via phpmyamin, then I can see it in vm back-end and  front-end (even the "add to cart" is visible). And for now on I can set a different price via the back-end and save it.

Quote from: BaidareW on July 17, 2012, 23:53:59 PM
For some products I can't set price in 2.0.8d and e

I get "cost Price empty, if child, everything okey, this is just a dev note" - and no price is saved :(

Milbo

Thank you very much boumy, your description is quite well and I understood you directly.

Maybe it is somehow connected to your old mysql and php version.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

boumy

Thank you Milbo. Good idea to lead me to the versions of php or mysql. I didn't thought at this eventuality.

lipes

For me: Cost Price / Base price -> it's working by hit the 'Save' button or Save & Close;
Final Price -> it's not working whit the hiting of the checkbox (to calculate the costprice) and Save & Close button;

boumy

@lipes
As I wrote, I'am total newbee in VM. But...
I have tried this :

New product -> Coste price set to "2" -> checked Calculate cost price  save and close -> Reopen the product form :
cost price = 1.00000
base price = 1
final price = 1
:(

I can make a test for you on my DB. Tell me what values you want and where (the 4 fields: cost, base, final and surcharge). I'll check it out.
I there is a bug, we all need to see to solved ;-)

lipes

well.. if you enter in the Cost Price the value 2... and then you save and close..
and then you get the value 1 ... it's a really crazy bug :|

In my localhost the cost price it's working normal...
the problem (here) it's about set the final price + check calculate value and isnt saving too with the correct value...

I cant reproduce your problem because (maybe) it's a different problem but similar in the "price" system topic ...

But it's quite strange...
if you dont have a Product Price in the Back end ... why you dont get instead of the "Add to Cart" button (FE) a "Call for a Price" or "ask for price" link ?

In VM2 we're all newbee's (it's a recent project)