News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vmError: $link["view"] is empty

Started by fire47, July 16, 2012, 16:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bytelord

Hello,

Sorry for asking again but could you also verify that AIO is updated also (2.0.14)?
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

fire47

Quote from: bytelord on December 19, 2012, 19:36:58 PM
Hello,

Sorry for asking again but could you also verify that AIO is updated also (2.0.14)?

Yes

jenkinhill

OK can you turn off all SEF and see if the error goes away?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Go to the router.php line and enter at line 1012 vmdebug('my item with empty view'); so that the else part look like

else {
vmdebug('my item with empty $link["view"]',$item);
vmError('$link["view"] is empty');
}
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

fire47

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 19, 2012, 22:04:42 PM
OK can you turn off all SEF and see if the error goes away?

Yes it goes away, although turning off SEF is not a permanent option.

fire47

Quote from: Milbo on December 19, 2012, 22:29:55 PM
Go to the router.php line and enter at line 1012 vmdebug('my item with empty view'); so that the else part look like

else {
vmdebug('my item with empty $link["view"]',$item);
vmError('$link["view"] is empty');
}

Path to router.php?  Will I have to change this every time vm is updated?  Is this a permanent solution that will be supported in future versions?

jenkinhill

Quote from: fire47 on December 20, 2012, 20:57:51 PM
Yes it goes away, although turning off SEF is not a permanent option.

Suggests to me that is caused by a Joomla menu link that maybe is disabled or hidden.

Milbo's code change to look for that Joomla link problem is included in the core now and is in 2.0.16  - you may possibly get an error message saying exactly what the problem link is (if any now) when you use SEF.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

fire47

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 20, 2012, 23:25:47 PM

Suggests to me that is caused by a Joomla menu link that maybe is disabled or hidden.

Mystery has been solved, thanks.

Milbo

So the vmdebug message helped you to find the broken menu item? We worked for your problem at least an hour all together. A bit more enlightning explanation would be nice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bytelord

Quote from: Milbo on December 21, 2012, 17:08:10 PM
So the vmdebug message helped you to find the broken menu item? We worked for your problem at least an hour all together. A bit more enlightning explanation would be nice.

Thinking the same, broken menu item and please fire47 will be very helpfull give some more feedback to understand where this error was related too.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Milbo

I think, the debug message showed him that it was exactly what we said from begin on. So he may feel guilty, which is quite normal. What he not understands is that also adding a vmdebug will help 100s of other users migrating vm1 to vm2 next year. As far as I know the majority did not update yet.