News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

child products does anyone have a video on this working, willing to pay!

Started by topclass, July 15, 2012, 20:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topclass

Sorry if i may seem like an idiot or maybe my version is not working properly but for the life of me i cannot get child products to work or figure it out. It seems like its suppose to be a simple thing, click on child products, it creates the child and you should see it on the front end right? Just even the way its displaying on the product list is confusing. If someone can show me how to do this it would be greatly appreciate, i am even willing to pay something or put together money. I know there is many people on here very lost. I do not understand why this became so complex on this version 2 and it doesnt even transfer from older versions. All my sites are on old vm and it seems like it may stay this way. For one its already going to be a lot of work just to add back the products in this new way.

The most important reason i need childs is because each item will have different weights. I love the new features and templates out there but this is a big road block for me even starting a new site. Ive seen a few threads on it working and not working but i still do not seem to be able to get this working or maybe i am missing something. Is there suppose to be some plugins installed? I have none and cant find it for child variants. I am on the latest version and everything. PLEASE HELP quickly!!!!!! I really need to upgrade as my vm had a big bug and i might as well upgrade.

Parsimonious

I posted instructions here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103876.msg345477#msg345477 hope they help. It was a few versions ago, but it's still the same procedure - hopefully minus the bugs. Post if you need clarification on anything.