News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SOLVED: Delete price in custom field

Started by mdelreal, July 15, 2012, 13:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdelreal

Hi,

I want to delete the price in the custom field but i don't know how to do... please help me.

Thanks a lot
Cheers,
Manuel

mdelreal

I do not think anyone knows how to fix this   ;)

Thanks in advance
Manuel

jefchenko

in virtuemart administrator backend: go to products, and edit your specific olive oil product.
Then look at the different tabs, the last one mentions custom fields, where you will find the price as a custom field (stockable variant)

mdelreal

Hi Jefchenko, thanks for your responce.

I think I explained badly.

I want the price of that product option but i don't want to see the price at the drop-down

Thanks
Manuel

mdelreal

anyone???

Please, i'm lost

Thanks
Manuel

easy

search this forum, it was somewhere here, you have to edit one file only

mdelreal

Where???, i was looking for but i didn't found it

lol2x

yea but in forum there ist only for old version of VM not for 2.0.8.e

easy

Hi mdelreal,

I read your other post on this forum and please let me know what you'd like to get most?

- show custom field price without any tax?
or
- hide custom field price at all?

If the first option is what you like most please do a print screen of your taxes page (configuration/taxes)

mdelreal

Either options are valid:

Hide prices on custom fields or set prices with taxes  (if possible I would like to know the two ways to do  ;) )

I think the problem because in my country we have 3 types of VAT

Thanks
Manuel

ciriman

VirtueMart 2.0.8e

After much stress I have the solution! I found the string that generates the content selection fields

administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php
$productCustom->text = $productCustom->custom_value . ' ' . $price;

delete from the string .$price or replace with another value.. i hope this help you

mdelreal

Hi Ciriman,

Fantastic, works fine!!!

Thanks a lot
Manuel

easy

Hi guys,
I'm glad you found it, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

You can also, if you like, add after custom filed name in the same box the total price with the currency symbol but it will beshown in the cart as well!

So your custom field can show the total price instead of wrong taxed additional fee. You can also write custom field fee of course there. Whatever you like but remember it will be text only and you will need to edit it when you change the custom field value as well.

TheBlueMage

We have a similar problem to mdelreal in that a number of our products have custom fields, but we want our customers only to see the prices with tax. Showing the before tax figure is creating confusion.
Ciriman identified where the price is generated (excellent, thanks Ciriman) but what do we replace $price with to show customer the after tax figure? I'm thinking it's probably something simple, but being a coding newbie I'm at a loss.

VirtueMart is a great product, but show me how to fix this niggly problem and for us it will be an Ace product!

Hope someone can help as we can't find anything else that fits on the forum's boards.

lucvillalba

Création de sites web, Référencement, Intégration, Webdesign... Un Webmaster freelance pour vos campagnes de communication sur le web...