News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product with in a product??

Started by Kaine260, October 12, 2013, 02:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaine260

Is there a way not to display a product but have it be apart of another product? I manufacture a product, and I would like Virtumart to have the product show on the site, but when someone buys the product from my site I want it to change the inventory not of the product it self but the items it takes to make the product. So for instance one product is a large fruit basket. So the idea would be the customer purchases the large fruit basket, and the system would then pull out all the items to make that product from inventory. So in the end I would know what my stock is for that product, and even if I go into negative for the product that it pulls out that is ok, since some of the product is perishable and stored in another place, and I buy that product as I need it. But some of the product I get is not and I keep that on stock all the time. So when I get low on the stock I would know to re-order that stock.

Is this possible or do I just have to do it per item not per piece that makes up the item?

balai

PolishedGeek

I agree, I think Product Builder is what you need.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!