News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

TOS works as non required in registration form

Started by DaggaTora, July 12, 2012, 13:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaggaTora

VM 2.0.8c

People can register with out accepting terms.
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

patrik60

Because there is no link to the TOS like in the cart I think that it is really not necessary to accept the TOS in the registration form . Therefore it shouldn't be shown there. Since it is not possible to make any changes in the TOS field in the BE I have deactivated it in the __virtuemart_userfields table in the DB.
In my opinion it should be disabled per default in the registration form. Or an other solution would be to link it to the TOS as it is in the cart. On the other hand it makes no sense to show the field because it makes no sense to accept something which can't be seen or read.

If customers need to accept TOS they need to accept it by placing an order.

DaggaTora

I understand you but we give the oportunity to register without buying (we want to have stats on non buyers registered) and we have difference TOS that from buyers.

Why VM team put that if we can't link to terms?

Milbo

Because we have exactly not solved the problems with different tos
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

DaggaTora

DaggaTora

Milbo I've tried to make another shopperfield with a checkbox and i've set it required but i doesn't work as required.

Is like the validation only works in the fields that come with virtuemart but not on new ones.

We'll open monday (finallly... i hope) and our lawyer says that without that we can't open.

Any idea?

lipes

yep i confirm the same problem in my test website...

I create a new user without clicking in the TOS check box... and then he goes to a 500 Error page.... i've clicked to Go Back in the browser... and then i see a system msg that confirm the user has been created... 
Any solution to solve and remove accepting users registration without accept/agree with the Terms of Service ?!

One more thing: In the email that i've recieved i cant find the link to User Activate the account ... In the system i see that the registration was created (without TOS) and it's not published bucause user dont have the link to do that too...

Error 500 page link when try to create new user:  index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=default
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

DaggaTora

Hi lipes,

I don't get that 500 but i remember getting that error in the past (don't know how was solved).

In my site the user goes directly to the cart when he register.

Did you have the same situation creating another required checkbox?

lipes

Hum...
In my site the user must register by a button "Registration".
That got the link to this page: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit

Then i just got one option at the bottom of the page with the website TOS checkbox
should i need to create another one ?! o_O
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

DaggaTora

My registration link goes to: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&task=editaddresscart

I didn't meant that you need to create another one, the thing is that the original TOS checkbos doesn't work as required, thats because i've created another required checkbox to see if it would work as required but it doesn't neither.

patrik60

Hi DaggaTora

I have tried it also. See attached pics. It works:

1. See create_field -> I have used the same code as for the original Agree to Tos field.
2. See missing -> When not checking the new created checkbox I get the info "Missing value..." In this case only Display name, username and password are stored and nothing else. You can't yet place an order you still need to fill in the address again and agree to TOS

3. See stored ->Checked the new created checkbox: In this case everything works perfectly.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

DaggaTora

Hi patbe60,

I've just copy your jpg creating a new checkbox. It says Missing value for TOS and redirects to cart but it registers the user anyway  :'(

DaggaTora

It is funny... It redirects me to cart BUT i when i want to confirm the buy it takes me again to editaddress to check the checkbox.