News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PROBLEM with VM2 and JOOMLA 2.5.6

Started by blackhammer, July 12, 2012, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackhammer

Hello Everybody,

It's my first time on this website. Since this morning, I have installed VM 2.0.8 on a Joomla 2.5.6. Since this moment, I have this message now when i tried to go to my shop but the admin panel

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JLanguage::getBackwardLang() in /home/o103193/public_html/DressEvents/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/compat.joomla1.5.php on line 78

I just installed the new joomla this morning so I know that this is a problem with VM 2.0.8.

Maybe someone had the same problem and can help me ? ??  :-\

Thx U

Milbo

lol you are really funny
Quote from: blackhammer on July 12, 2012, 11:44:56 AM
I just installed the new joomla this morning so I know that this is a problem with VM 2.0.8.

This is completly unlogical, this would point to joomla. But okey, I know what you mean.

Quote from: blackhammer on July 12, 2012, 11:44:56 AM
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JLanguage::getBackwardLang() in /home/o103193/public_html/DressEvents/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/compat.joomla1.5.php on line 78
It makes not sense to ask for help and not to tell the most important information, that you did an update of vm1.1 and j1.5 to j2.5.6 with vm2.0.8. For this we have already various posts and FAQs. Please read there http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96941.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

blackhammer

QuoteIt makes not sense to ask for help and not to tell the most important information, that you did an update of vm1.1 and j1.5 to j2.5.6 with vm2.0.8. For this we have already various posts and FAQs. Please read there http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96941.0

I'm sorry my friend but I didn't do an update. I just install Joomla this morning and tried to install the last version of VM 2.0.8.

Why are you answering like that ? I don't know how it's work for this version. I was used to do with Joomla 1.5 and Vm 1. This morning I installed a really new one JOOMLA.

Please Help me

Now when I try to go to my shop to create article, I click on Virtuemart button on Components and directly i have this message.

eduardojimenez

I am also having the same problem, I installed joomla 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.8 installed everything correctly, when I try to access the administration panel for virtuemart joomla got the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method JLanguage :: getBackwardLang () in / home/konsertech/www/home/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/compat.joomla1.5.php on line 78

Can anyone help us.

Thank you.

Slawek307

Quote from: eduardojimenez on July 29, 2012, 05:10:37 AM
I am also having the same problem, I installed joomla 2.5.6 and virtuemart 2.0.8 installed everything correctly, when I try to access the administration panel for virtuemart joomla got the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method JLanguage :: getBackwardLang () in / home/konsertech/www/home/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/compat.joomla1.5.php on line 78

Can anyone help us.

Thank you.

Yes, I would try to help you. I've encountered the same problem as you do. I don't get the general solution for this but if you have fixed website language eg. polish you can try to change line 78 from:
         $mosConfig_lang = $GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang']          = strtolower( $lang->getBackwardLang() );
to this:
         $mosConfig_lang = $GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang']          = 'pl-pl';

or in case of other language respectively eg. 'en-en' and so on...

Good luck
Slawek K.

krishnavamsim

Quote from: Slawek307 on October 28, 2012, 18:46:42 PM
Quote from: eduardojimenez on July 29, 2012, 05:10:37 AM

Can anyone help us.

Thank you.

Yes, I would try to help you. I've encountered the same problem as you do. I don't get the general solution for this but if you have fixed website language eg. polish you can try to change line 78 from:
         $mosConfig_lang = $GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang']          = strtolower( $lang->getBackwardLang() );
to this:
         $mosConfig_lang = $GLOBALS['mosConfig_lang']          = 'pl-pl';

or in case of other language respectively eg. 'en-en' and so on...

Good luck
Slawek K.
Thanks Dude, Problem solved. u r the king