Shipping Virtual Products - download link now in the invoice??

Started by freeme, July 11, 2012, 14:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeme

Hi,
I upgraded from VM 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 and also upgraded to the latest version of the Shipping Virtual Products plugin.

What I am recognizing now is that after "confirming" the order, an invoice is sent out. The download link is in the invoice, not in the confirmed email anymore, as it was before?

How can I bring back the download link to the confirmation email?
Where can I switch off sending out an invoice? Looked everywhere, but couldnt find it anymore.

Cheers

jeanmarat

I think you have to change status to SHIPPED instead of CONFIRMED in the orders panel.

freeme

Quote from: jeanmarat on July 11, 2012, 15:43:36 PM
I think you have to change status to SHIPPED instead of CONFIRMED in the orders panel.

Nope. That doesnt help.

Milbo

Quote from: freeme on July 11, 2012, 14:35:00 PM
I upgraded from VM 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 and also upgraded to the latest version of the Shipping Virtual Products plugin.

Impossible, I think you mean 2.0.6 regarding 2.0.8?

The links should appear for shipped and confirmed and when neither the order nor the order_item is cancelled/refunded. When the links does not appear in the email, then I assume you have a template override for the email preventing it.

Quote from: jeanmarat on July 11, 2012, 15:46:12 PM
Maximum downloads(Virtual Products) Not working
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105132.0
PS: jeanmarat stop telling this lies. You just did not understand it how it works, no reason to scream around, blame others and to damage their brand. This is in fact the best method to drive away people from you. The only thing which is atm wrong is that you have one try more than configurated. That means when you configure 1, you have 2 downloads. Even when I sell only 1 download, I would give 2 downloads, to prevent unecessary support.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jeanmarat

It seems it wasn't lies!

Max just fixed a new update after denying the truth !

Thanks anyway

jeanmarat

I have the same issue.

I noticed that If i get an invoice i get no Link , if i dont get an invoice then there is a link.

Is there a fix ?

jeanmarat

If one sets the option NOT TO SEND an invoice then the link goes to the email.

just go configuration - > checkout - Default Order Status to send an invoice (set it to NONE)

and you will see you get the link in the email.

If the above is set in Shipped or Confirmed you don't get the link in the email.

Milbo

Quote from: jeanmarat on July 12, 2012, 15:52:48 PM
It seems it wasn't lies!

Max just fixed a new update after denying the truth !

It was working, but not all aspects. It was not a security leak, there was never a chance that someone could break into your store.

Really strange thing, that it does not appear anylonger in the email.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

enricocerica

Well,

I'm still in VM2.0.6 but installed the latest version of the Shipping Virtual Products plugin and had a problem so I downgraded it back to the previous version and since that moment I don't have the links for downloading the products anymore in the orders. I checked every parameter and can't see any reason why it doesn't work anymore ...

Any idea ?

Edit:
I uninstalled the plugin, removed the custom fields (lost all my links for all my products  :'( ), deleted the corresponding file, reinstalled everything and it finally works again. So much lost time for nothing ...

Milbo

The error was in vm2.0.6. The datepicker was bind to the adminform and using deprecated commands.

Milbo

I just tested it, the error happens, when the 2.0.6 config file is used to store the date. It would have been enough to delete this in the database and to exchange teh config.php with the one of 2.0.8.

enricocerica

Quote from: Milbo on July 15, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
I just tested it, the error happens, when the 2.0.6 config file is used to store the date. It would have been enough to delete this in the database and to exchange teh config.php with the one of 2.0.8.

Yep, I reinstalled last virutal shipment plugin and replaced config.php with 2.0.8 version and indeed it works much better.
I suppose it is not a problem to work with 2.0.8 config.php file in a 2.0.6 environment ?