News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Feature: Backend Edit Order

Started by luizwbr, July 11, 2012, 14:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JussiH

Quote from: PolishedGeek on May 09, 2013, 13:44:28 PM
There is a new one out that looks promising. Just released last month, which is why you probably aren't finding references to it in older threads on this topic:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114559.0

Disclaimer: We didn't write this extension, nor have we tested or reviewed it yet, so I cannot recommend anything specific about this product. Just passing on the link. I try to stay as up to date as possible on all things Joomla eCommerce.   :)

Thanks.

I will look into this, it seems to solve part of the problem, but from the description it looks like I canĀ“t edit prices, only add products and use preconfigured discounts. Also not clear if unpublished products can be added...If it allows to add unpublished products, I can work around the problem with the price editing by using unpublished clones with different pricing. Not optimal, but better than nothing.

I asked a question about it on their thread.

For the record, I still think that full order editing (like in 1.5) should be allowed on the backend, and Virtuemart will continue to be a crippled solution until this feature is put back in...If there is any good argument as to why it was removed, it has yet to surface!

reinhold

Quote from: JussiH on May 09, 2013, 16:08:01 PM
For the record, I still think that full order editing (like in 1.5) should be allowed on the backend, and Virtuemart will continue to be a crippled solution until this feature is put back in...If there is any good argument as to why it was removed, it has yet to surface!

It was not removed. Rather, Virtuemart 2.0 was a complete rewrite, so all features needed to be written again.
Order editing has not yet been reimplemented in VM 2 (like some other features that were present in VM1, but are missing in VM2). AFAIK, some developer started working on it in the VM 2.1 branch, but I don't know when it will be available.

donter

Here's another plugin that has already been mentioned, but seems to be "forgotten": http://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice-generator
I just played with the demo, and it looks pretty good, providing lots of options when editing existing orders.

I'm still hesitant to pay for it though, as I'm running a small eshop for a non-profit :(

AH

Still anticipating this feature, but joomla 3.5 beckons.

Maybe vm 2.1 will have it.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

sherrieblossom

How to Edit an existing Virtuemart order:

• I go to an existing VM order. Click edit button under the list of products in the purchase order. Each time I click "new" button , it copies that last product from the purchase order.
Then I delete all fields and input the correct information such as quantity, product name, sku, price, etc.
After repeating this process to add 5 additional items and click save, it does not save all 5 new items and instead only adds one new item. [/li]

[/list]

Please let us know how we can edit an existing order. Some customers have ordered the wrong product or they ordered a product that needs specific addons and accessories which is the reason the shop needs this option (so we can add them). Since we process the additional balance through Authorize.net, we need to update the order to reflect the appropriate products which were added or deleted.

Does anyone have an extension that will do this or any advice?

Question 2:
VM 1 used to show the last 4 of the card used on the email receipt they automatically send to us after each customer purchases. The rest of the card number shows up on VM backend in the orders. What can we do to find out the full card number that was used to place the order?

Website Info:
VirtueMart 3.0.18
PHP Built On   Linux c19778.sgvps.net 3.12.18-clouder0 #85 SMP Mon Apr 3 10:28:14 EEST 2017 x86_64
Database Version   5.6.36-82.1-log
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version   5.6.31
Web Server   Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_hive/5.5 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_fcgid/2.3.6
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.7.3 Stable [ Amani ] 4-July-2017 08:03 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent   Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.113 Safari/537.36

AH

QuoteJoomla! Version   Joomla! 3.7.3 Stable
Update to the latest version - yours has vulnerabilities

VirtueMart 3.0.18

Update to the latest version - this has changes to order edit.

Add one line at a time Saving between each edit - check the calculate box as well

QuoteVM 1 used to show the last 4 of the card used on the email receipt they automatically send to us after each customer purchases. The rest of the card number shows up on VM backend in the orders. What can we do to find out the full card number that was used to place the order?

For PCI compliance the full PAN number is not stored. Only the last 4 digits.   

QuoteWhat can we do to find out the full card number that was used to place the order?

I suggest that you might discuss this with your payment services supplier
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0