News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Feature: Backend Edit Order

Started by luizwbr, July 11, 2012, 14:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luizwbr

Hi devs, how are you?

I've heard that will be possible to edit a order in backend of VM 2, like it's possible to edit on VM 1.1.x.

So.. when it will be released? I'm ask because i have a client that needs this feature.
http://virtuemartbrasil.com.br - Brazillian VirtueMart official Support Group
http://loja.weber.eti.br - Paid Plugins for Virtuemart Brasil
https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtuemartpro/ - Brazillian VirtueMart group on Facebook

jjk

Hi,

I'm not a Dev, but what does your client need to edit?
Currently it is possible to edit the shoppers address, change the order status - i.e. mark it as shipped or canceled and the shop owner can send email comments concering the customer's order from the backend (i.e. ...will be shipped on Friday...).

It is not possible to change the ordered products. I think this done on purpose, so the shop owner has some kind of proof that a product was ordered. This kind of "order log" is especially useful for shops which sell downloadable software and customers asking for a refund because they claim something like "didn't download that, didn't buy that, etc.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

luizwbr

Hi @jjk, my client needs to edit shipping method on completed order.

In his application it's not possible to simulate the shipping costs before because he needs to simulate with carrier the value of shipping by each order.

So.. I need the feature presents in VM 1.1  :-\
http://virtuemartbrasil.com.br - Brazillian VirtueMart official Support Group
http://loja.weber.eti.br - Paid Plugins for Virtuemart Brasil
https://www.facebook.com/groups/virtuemartpro/ - Brazillian VirtueMart group on Facebook

BSSennenhonden

I really need these features in my shops, too. Can't imagine an online shop not being able to edit orders in backend (i.e. adding products, editing numbers of ordered products, editing shipping, editing paying). These should be basic features in any e-shop!

antonino78

I also opened several post to get news about the change of orders, but unfortunately I have not been answered yet.
I kindly ask the developers if this feature will be increased to VM2?
least give an answer please

Acropoli

I too need this urgently.

I previously used the original virtuemart, and loved it so much that I not only ran my own store using it, but also my other clients too.

I made the mistake of upgrading to Joomla 2.5 (which isn't a mistake in itself), but then after installing VM2, found that I couldn't edit orders!

I run a business where I need to be able to add/remove items, manually enter shipping charges etc after the order has been placed.

Tearing my hair out, incredibly frustrating.

amymattian

Hi,

I have the same issue! Expecially this is important when it comes to shipping-costs that often must be calculated after the order is done. Also sometimes customers call and want to change the amount of products they have ordered. This was so good feature in the VM1 that I'm wondering why it has not been done in VM2 also. Would any of the developers know if this is at all going to be implemented?

Thanks!

Anne

John2400

Editing a back end order would be very helpful. In doing so It can create a few issues with invoicing, inventory, accounting and tax.  In a real sense it is simply going into the data base and replacing a few numbers and updating addresses.

However you have legally just created an invoice number related to a customer that is realted to stock controls, variants and customers addresses.

What really needs to happen is to allow the seller to generate a sale from the back end with the same customer. This would generate another invoice number and a new set of data. Then the accounting issues could be better handled.

The you need have a place that would relate to the original order if any - so you would state that this invoice is related to number eg 2637484. The customer has the original and the new order with a related invoice. the seller has two invoices with out having to backout orders. - rememeber these are accounting issues not just changing numbers.  Then the seller has to reset stock correctly. 

Maybe the new order would have a place where you see the stock.
Then the seller goes to paypal eg. reimburses the original payment and the new order is sent to the customer to confirm the purchase.  If you use paypal - you will note that there is no penalty to return an order but trying to give parts of payments back and then track them is difficult. It is better to make whole and directed payments.

Changing some of the items listed I think would be ok . like emails , but others might not blend as well.

rustle

I agree with John

What we need is the ability to add an order from the backend, on behalf of a customer and add/subtract new fees in the new order. - then link the old order and associated total in the cart field and add/subtract the total as a line item after taxation in the new order with a reference number.

This would be a more correct way of processing additional fees/discounts, then changing the order after the fact, as that opens up a ton of legal issues.

* Actually, upon review I think that this might be work for a third party developper as a admin module or plugin...

bytelord

Hello,

I agree also with both previous posts from rustle and john.
It should be available the way to edit orders or place orders on behalf. Also it would be great if you can apply an extra discount or a fixed price to the order manually.

For example a customer orders a product that needs also installation but doesn't ordered to his original order, so the shopper admin could add it after customer request, or a customer orders a product in wrong color and wants to change it, so you should change it from the backend and also the stock should change.

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

rustle

I really don't think we should be able to change an sales order after-the-fact
As this is rewriting history and opens up a legal can of worms.
If you do this you could end up with multiple records of the same sales order and have different information on them - not good

what we need is means of creating a new order on the customer's behalf and bring forward an old sales order and total as a line item after taxation in the newly created order

bladerz

Hi devs,

I think the ability to edit an order is a VERY IMPORTANT feature, greatly underestimated by the team. This is stopping me from migrating to VM2 right now.

I think you're stuck with some legal concerns, but you should let the shop owners deal with them. They are much more concerned with the legal issues and the accounting.

I am using a different invoicing system. Why am I not allowed to change the order? Why am I not able to add a discount for my customer? I can not even find the option to change the shipping address, even when my client requests this.
Often a customer decides to use a credit card payment, but the payment fails. Then he asks me to change the payment method to PayPal or bank transfer. Why am I not allowed to do this anymore?

A solution with the invoice problems would be to be able to change the order, then cancel the previous invoice and create a new one with a new number for the same order.

antonino78

Why do not we open a new post asking some developer to create a component doc?
I am also willing to pay for this work because I really need to change orders on the backend. :-\
Maybe make a list of the features that we need and expect a good developer will come forward to design the component.

John2400

mesquiteman

Quote from: John2400 on September 19, 2012, 11:34:04 AM
http://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice-generator

works with VM2

And works VERY well at that!  I have been running VM-Invoice for almost a year now and it is one of my most used components.  It allows me full control over editing the order as well as allows me to manually enter telephone orders for the customer.  Can't recommend it enough!  And no, I do not have any connection with the developer except that they have some of my money!