News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Feature: Backend Edit Order

Started by luizwbr, July 11, 2012, 14:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airone93

Just to say my humble opinion...
Including the possibility to insert phone-orders would be the best option.
Whoever works with an online shops receives daily calls from customers asking to modify orders, or add goods, or change shipping methods/address, etc.
That's why I like VM1.5's way to edit orders a lot.

For this release, 2.0.18a, I'm using VMinvoice, like suggested before.
I currently use VMinvoice for Delivery notes, in VM1.5, but I will use it for order editing in next J2.5 based release of my shop.
I don't know why VM2 has so many features less than VM1.5, but I like it anyways, so I stick to VM.
Most of all, I like the way I can fix almost-everything with a template hack :-)
And also, it's very easy to develop proprietary software to do production-related tasks like letting the warehouse people manage the order status, creating complex sales reports, forecasting the reorders from our suppliers, etc.
So, VM staff: keep up the good work!

sandstorm

Hi,

I agree with most of the comments in this thread and also desperatly need the ability to modify order via the backend.

For us we may receive an order for 4 items, then we could get a call from the customer to ask to change item 1 from red to green.
Or an item may be out of stock, so we'd call the customer to ask if they want an alternative product. If they say yes we have to amend the order, if they say no and they have 3 other products on the order then we again have to remove that item from the order and issue a partial refund.

So the ability to amend and change order in the back end for a busy online store is an absolute must!

I really just hope its available in future release SOON!

Alternatively could this not be introduced as a 3rd party plugin to VM2?
Are there any DEV's following this thread that are looking to create something and need some backing?
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

jenkinhill

I think the last news release describes something of what has been happening. http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/440-relaunch-of-virtuemart-portal

And of course, backend editing is in the roadmap - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Roadmap 

Third party devs have already been addressing the order/invoicing end of VM2, eg http://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice-generator 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Stonedfury

Why should we have to pay a 3rd party to do something that was basic and stock before. What a flipping rip off. Money grubbing #$%^&*'s

I only need this to fix orders that customers botch up and do not want to reorder or mess with again. They want their product. Whether it be more of one or less or a whole new order that is what the notes would and are used for. Unless the notes feature is just there to be a blank square of useless space. #Frustrated
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

reinhold

AFAIK, for VirtueMart 2.1, a developer is already working on the BE order edit functionality. I have no idea when this will be finished, but some code already exists. 

JussiH

I have just upgraded my shop to Virtuemart 2.0.20b, and I like most of what I see. But in some cases, big steps backwards has been taken.

The missing option to edit orders on the backend (prices, mostly) is a big step backwards, please add this back in, cause now I need to have a second product for wholesale customers just to add something simple as a price change or rebate for custumers. Please add it back in soon.

I know its not on topic, but I think that the desicion to remove European Union Mode and replace it with "tax rules" has made it a lot harder to handle VAT for a shop like mine that has custumers worldwide. EU Mode worked perfectly, but this new Tax rules system is giving me grief in the invoices and VAT calculation (like product tax not beeing shown in invoices). Please add this mode back in, so I dont need to set up individual rules for individual shopper groups

Thanks for a great SW.

JussiH

Any news on this.....My shop is completely crippled after upgrading to Virtumart 2.0.20b - I have no way of handling special orders and wholesale orders.

I must say that this is a huge step backwards for Virtuemart that backend order editing has been removed. Pls put it back in as soon as possible, I am loosing business each day!

Best regards

Jussi - Viacopter

https://viacopter.eu/

JussiH

BUMP - what is going on with this.

I know its open source, but the missing option to edit orders from the backend is completely crippling my store. HELP!!!

With one swift stroke that has placed Virtuemart among the worst webshop solutions available. ALL other serious webshop systems allows the admin to edit orders from the backend...Virtuemart used to be able to do it too, but I guess someone decided to remove it for some uncomprehensable reason.

!!!!!DEEPLY FRUSTRATED!!!!!!

Stonedfury

I've said it before and I will again. Wave $$$ in their face and you will get the attention and help needed from VM staff. They give you the same spew "The forum is based on friendly help and no one is paid and some people might not look that often so be patient"

After months I would think someone has a little insight on a solution that is not another $$ fee for something that is stock in your average backend store.

No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

JussiH

Quote from: Stonedfury on April 29, 2013, 18:34:33 PM
I've said it before and I will again. Wave $$$ in their face and you will get the attention and help needed from VM staff. They give you the same spew "The forum is based on friendly help and no one is paid and some people might not look that often so be patient"

After months I would think someone has a little insight on a solution that is not another $$ fee for something that is stock in your average backend store.

Well. I am willing to pay for it - money is not the problem! But I cant help but thinking that this was done on purpose, so that some developer can make a plugin and make money from it. But Alas, such a plugin does not yet exist.

200 Euro to the guy that provides a decent solution to add and edit orders from the backend in VM2.

Otherwise, I will have no choice but to look for another solution for my shop or roll back to 1.5. I am loosing business each and every day with this incomprehensable choice to remove a feature that is standard an all decent online shop systems and also used to be available in Virtuemart.

Oh...and I would like to hear from the VM team. A simple message ala "it will be added, we are working on it" or "forget it, not gonna happen" so I can make a decision about migrating to another system. Ignoring many requests for backend order editing is NOT COOL! And I would like to hear just 1 good argument why it was removed?

Stonedfury

Here it is. http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vm-orders/finalize-orders-detail Or at least this sure sounds like it. Sold on the virtuemart extension site. Told ya its about the $$ stock feature becomes paid feature.

JussiH

Quote from: Stonedfury on May 08, 2013, 20:09:03 PM
Here it is. http://extensions.virtuemart.net/vm-orders/finalize-orders-detail Or at least this sure sounds like it. Sold on the virtuemart extension site. Told ya its about the $$ stock feature becomes paid feature.

The way I read this, it does not allow me to edit orders, which is what I need....but thanks anyway - at least you have the decency to post an answer, and I appreciate it. One thing I have learned about the people making VM, is that they are obviously "too cool" to answer a noob like me, or take my issues seriously.  But I guess I forgot to say "pretty please" and coat it with sugar.

Its my shop - as the owner, I should damn well be able to make any changes to orders (such as adding/removing products, shipping etc). So far I have not heard a SINGLE good argument as to why it was removed (I could do it in 1.5).  This is now a completely unique feature in virtuemart2, that is placing it among the worst shop systems available!

But I guess I am gonna be looking for a new shop system very soon.

Stonedfury

Oh there is an extension to edit your orders in backend too. I wish I had the link to it. If I find I will come back here and share with you. Of course it had a fee on it too I believe.

I feel your pain when asking for assistance. I have found that PRO or Banquette is a great person for help.

JussiH

Quote from: Stonedfury on May 08, 2013, 22:27:12 PM
Oh there is an extension to edit your orders in backend too. I wish I had the link to it. If I find I will come back here and share with you. Of course it had a fee on it too I believe.

I feel your pain when asking for assistance. I have found that PRO or Banquette is a great person for help.

Thanks again. Its nice to see that someone is trying to provide help. Please let me know about that extension, when you find it - I wonder why that has not been posted in this thread, seeing as I am not the only who is frustrated over the decision to totally cripple virtuemart by removing the option to edit orders.

And for the record, I dont mind paying for it. I have already lost several thousands, because customers loose their patience, cancels their orders and finds another shop!

PolishedGeek

There is a new one out that looks promising. Just released last month, which is why you probably aren't finding references to it in older threads on this topic:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114559.0

Disclaimer: We didn't write this extension, nor have we tested or reviewed it yet, so I cannot recommend anything specific about this product. Just passing on the link. I try to stay as up to date as possible on all things Joomla eCommerce.   :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!