News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Ask question about this product - provide at least one recipient

Started by burgert, July 11, 2012, 13:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgert

I am working in VM2.0.6 and Joomla 2.5.6
When going to product details and then 'ask a question about this product' and then fill out the popup details, eg name, email, question, and then submit, the following is popping up:
You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Mail sent successfully
Questions:
- the mail was NOT sent at all, why positive indication?
- where do you specify to what address the request must go to? (...at least one recipient?)
- is there perhaps another option to accomplish same result ie. send question about a specific product to the shop owners email?
Thanx

John2400

yes the mail should go to the vendor , just check the user files for the vendor in Joomla and the permissions to receive mail and then the Joomla Vendors email?

burgert

Thanx John.
I am a bit confused when you say the user files for the vendor and the Joomla Vendors email?
The vendor's email is defined under mail settings in server configuration. If I send email from this site to vendor, they receive, but not from the vm 'ask a question' form. Is there another place where it must be specified? - perhaps in vm as well under shop??

John2400

sorry in a hurry just now - but these two places - check they are the same and have permissions

[attachment cleanup by admin]

alexzien

I have the same problem, but only on some products. E-mail settings is correct (since it works on most products).
I have been changing seller status and e-mail addresses a lot lately. Can it have something to do with that? But I have checked that everything is as it should. E-mails match on all places.

VirtueMart 2.0.8c and Joomla 2.5.6.

jenkinhill

alexzien you are many VM versions behind. Suggest you update to VM2.0.12f and try again (on a backup).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexzien

Quote from: jenkinhill on October 22, 2012, 23:32:40 PM
alexzien you are many VM versions behind. Suggest you update to VM2.0.12f and try again (on a backup).
I have now updated VM to 2.0.12f and also AIO to latest version. I have also updated VM plugin tables. But the problem still exist. What can I do more? It's very weird that the "provide at least one recipient" just shows up on some products.

I looked up the source of the error message and it comes from the file phpmailer.php in libraries/phpmailer/. But I don't know what to do here.

alexzien

I have now, after several hours of testing, figured out that it is the multi vendor function that made this happen. When I updated Virtuemart this function got activated and all products that was added after that had no seller specified. And when no seller is specified the ask a question form don't know where to send the mail.

My question now is if it's possible to change the seller on multiple products or do I have to go through each one of them and change seller manually? This is going to take time...

jenkinhill

Use phpMyAdmin  - in the table   xxxx_virtuemart_products   (where xxxx is your db prefix) set the values for virtuemart_vendor_id to 1 (or whatever your main vendor ID is set to)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alexzien

Quote from: jenkinhill on October 23, 2012, 16:25:49 PM
Use phpMyAdmin  - in the table   xxxx_virtuemart_products   (where xxxx is your db prefix) set the values for virtuemart_vendor_id to 1 (or whatever your main vendor ID is set to)
Thank you! That did work.