ivus

Before we start here's my setup info:

MySQL : 5.1.60
PHP : 5.2.17
Apache : 2.2.21
Joomla! : 2.5.6

SITE A - VM : 2.0.6
SITE B - VM : 2.0.8e

So I noticed this bug on SITE B where I was trying to create a plugin to show certain SHOPPER FIELDS based on SHOPPER GROUPS. During my testing process I published the "extra_field_1" and set it to required.
I did a test on an existing user and it seemed to work as expected, in that it looks like the value was saved because it was still present in the form field.
I then went on to check it in the database to see which table it saved the data into and found nothing... !

So I then tested it again, except this time I created a new user and once again it seemed like everything worked, but it still didn't store the value in the db.

So now I'm really annoyed so I decide to test it in the admin... against an existing SHOPPER user. So I go to edit that field expecting it to not save, and of course it doesn't save.

Been searching around with no luck. No results. No solutions.

Then I realised I had an earlier testing site (SITE A) running a previous version of VM. Did the exact same test as for SITE B with the exact same results.

I can now conclude that this is a bug and not a setup/config issue.

My client is expecting this site to go live next week, so time is of the essence and I really need to have this bug sorted.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Milbo

Did you tried it also with a new field? Just create a new field. Maybe it works then, maybe just the sample data is broken, because I remember somehow that we removed it. Creating a new field means to create also a new column, so maybe the "extra_field_1" is displayed, but not properly installed.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ivus

Hi Milbo,

Wonderful. This works.

So now I'm guessing that the __virtuemart_userfield_values does not get used at all now. Am I correct here?