Virtuemart.2.0.8c and 2.0.8e breaks 'Taxes & Calculation Rules'

Started by rbedenham, July 09, 2012, 05:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbedenham

I initially logged this topic in Administration & Configuration, but thought I would post it in here because it does seem like a bug.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104996.0

Upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8c completely ignores any tax and calculation rules applied. It ignores ones that were previously set-up before the upgrade, it also ignores ones that were set-up after the upgrade.

I have yet to try a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8c.

Any help or guidance to solve this would be most appreciated.

All the best Richard

cas

I have the same problem.  I upgraded from VM2.0.6 where everything was working fine, to VM2.0.8e and now it does NOT apply the calculation rules (type: Marge).  The tax rules (type: TaxBill) are working fine in 2.0.8e.

Help!

rbedenham

OK, went through this step by step, just to check and see if it was something I was doing.

The scenario I tried upgrading from is as follows and (All existing calculation rules work perfectly well).

PHP Built On    Linux server.webselida.com 2.6.32-042stab053.5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 27 11:42:17 MSD 2012 i686
Database Version    5.0.95-community
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.10
Web Server    Apache/2.0.64 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.64 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.3.10
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Virtuemart 2.0.6

Attempted Upgrade...

Update from 'VM2.0.6' to 'com_virtuemart.2.0.8e.tar' using live update. Successful.

Update 'Virtuemart 2 All in one Installer' using Live Update to the latest version '2.0.8e'. Successful.

Update VM plugin tables. Successful.

All data intact, BUT, ALL the calculation rules that were set-up and were working prior to the update are now completely ignored?? Why??

NOTE: All the calculation rules are of type 'MARGE'. I have not tested any others. 

Any help or guidance in getting this solved would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard

rbedenham

Further testing and some strange results, something is not right at all. ...

URL: http://www.cosmedia.com.cy/testing

Deleted Joomla cache and expired cache.

The way this is suppose to work is: When a wholesaler logs in, the 'Cosmedia' series of products will show wholesale prices. If they are not logged in, they will see call for price. If a registered user logs in he will see call for price because he is not a wholesaler. Both users will be able to see the prices of the retail range.

At the moment, this is very strange. Logging in as a wholesaler, you see prices on the category fly page, except the first product in each category?? Click on a product in any category and you will be taken to the product page where you see 'call for price'??

Very strange?? Help Please :)

Milbo

I found the problem with the Marge

Please try this file, replace at BE/helpers (/administrator/components/....)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

berghoff

Milbo

The reason is that I added the possibility to use in a rule the price of the product, but I forgot to place the marge above the used basePrice.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rbedenham

Many thanks Milbo, the file you provided fixes the problem. All rules are applying successfully. :)

Downloaded your file, renamed it to calculationh.php because it was 'calculationh.php.txt'. Then using File Zilla uploaded it to replace the existing file calculationh.php located in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/calculationh.php

Working system information:

PHP Built On    Linux server.webselida.com 2.6.32-042stab053.5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 27 11:42:17 MSD 2012 i686
Database Version    5.0.95-community
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.14
Web Server    Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Please advise if this change will be included in the VM2.0.8e package or will it included in the next release?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

All the best Richard

cas

Hi Milbo,

It works for me too.  Thanks. 

When will this fix be included in the release? 

Cheers,
Chuck

Milbo