News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart.2.0.8c breaks 'Taxes & Calculation Rules'

Started by rbedenham, July 09, 2012, 05:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbedenham

Website Specification:

PHP Built On:                  Linux server.webselida.com 2.6.32-042stab053.5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 27 11:42:17 MSD 2012 i686
Database Version:               5.0.95-community
Database Collation:            utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:                  5.3.10
Web Server:                      Apache/2.0.64 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.64 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.3.10
WebServer to PHP Interface:    apache2handler
Joomla! Version:               Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version:    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Testing site set-up running Virtuemart 2.0.6 and all 'Taxes & Calculation Rules' were working fine.

Upgraded from Virtuemart 2.0.6 to the latest release and all 'Taxes & Calculation Rules' that were set-up. The Taxes and Calculation Rules that were set-up followed the method outlined in the following forum post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101878.msg341938#msg341938

Does anyone have any information on how this can be solved?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Cheers for now,

Richard

rbedenham

Further testing...

Downgrading back to Virtuemart 2.0.6 brings the rules back, but the prices are mixed up.
Upgraded again to Virtuemart 2.0.8c, then deleted all the rules in the backend. Readded one rule and it applied successfully.

rbedenham

Some additional testing information.

Downgraded VM from 2.0.8c to 2.0.6 using the extension installer. refreshed the page and the Tax & Calculation Rules returned, but the margins applied do not match that which was set-up in the rules! Very strange.

Upgraded to 2.0.8c from 2.0.6 using the extension installer. All existing rules are ignored. Deleted them, readded them and the rules are still ignored.

Can the new version be modified to maintain any Tax & Calculation Rules already set-up?

All the best,

Richard

jjk

Quote from: rbedenham on July 09, 2012, 05:30:31 AM
Can the new version be modified to maintain any Tax & Calculation Rules already set-up?

Mine does keep all my calculation rules (I probably have more of them than most VM2 users).
Are you using currency exchange rates to calculate prices?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

bytelord

Hello,

Take a look on that topic.  I had an issue too with affecting taxes but only when i was select default tax rule.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104712

In version 2.0.8x tax rules are checking for country/state. If you clear country or region test what is happening.

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

rbedenham

Hi jjk,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not using currency exchange rates to calculate the prices. Where might I be able to double check this in the configuration?

Hi bytelord, thanks for your reply.

The rules I have set-up are margin rules, not tax rules.

Kind regards,

Richard