News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shopper Groups and Discounts in VM 2.0.8

Started by mbonyak, July 08, 2012, 01:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbonyak

I've just upgraded from VM 2.0.6 to 2.0.8c, mainly for the pagination fixes (which work beautifully I might add).  But I have a new problem :-(

I'd set up a shopper group called "Wholesale" and a set of calculation rules for different wholesale discount levels, each associated with only the shopper group "Wholesale", and not the anonymous or default groups.  This always worked, so that only shoppers designated as members of the Wholesale group were able to see the discounts.

After upgrading to 2.0.8, ALL users, anonymous and registered alike, are seeing the discounts!

Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

srseale

Assuming -default- and -anonymous- are not eligible for discounts, you might try un-checking "Discounted Price without tax" and "Discount Amount" in the Show Following Prices area in Orders & Shoppers/Shopper Groups/anonymous (or default).

Make sure you have the Shopper Groups set up correctly.  Wouldn't hurt to review your assumptions and confirm everything is how you think it should be (although you've probably already done that).

mbonyak

Shopper Groups are almost definitely set up correctly -- they were working in 2.0.6 and I checked and double-checked them after this arose with 2.0.8.  Unless something has fundamentally changed with how shopper groups and/or calculation rules are applied in this version (and nothing I've seen suggests that), I'm having trouble finding an error on my part.  (not to say I haven't made one somewhere, but it's looking less likely)

I don't have "enable shoppergroup specific price display" set for any group other than Wholesale.  Enabling it for the other groups hasn't made a difference.  The changes you suggest still result in the same price being charged, even if it's not displayed.

srseale

Odd.

I set up a Shopper Group named Owner and a Joomla User Group named Owner (under Registered) for the shop owner.  I then assigned the owner to the Owner Shopper Group.  I set up a discount calculation (named Owner Discount) for that Shopper Group of -99.9999% (BTW, 100% discount won`t work but it doesn't tell you that) and assigned the Shopper Group, Country and State/Province fields.  When logged in, the owner gets his price reduced to zero in the Cart and at Checkout.  Worked a charm...

My site requires Registration before you can access the webstore.  No default or anonymous users allowed.

mbonyak

I'll be revisiting this in the coming days as I hope to get it working.  Just for clarification, were you also on 2.0.8c?

Thanks for the report.

srseale

Milbo

I just tested it and it works well for me

one tax rule, only for default and wholesale and a discount only for default.

Not logged in, no tax, no discount. Logged in, tada tax and discount.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

thomaska

I am sorry but i dont think that this work like a charm. I am facing the same problem with 2.0.10 and i cannot find a solution on that. And the problem is that the eshop is on live environment and i need to find a solution ASAP.

Regards

Thomas

robert

Im facing almost the exact issue using J 1.5 and VM 2.0.8e

I am trying to setup groups so that:
-anonymous- / gets NO Discount ( Applies to everyone who does not register - including those who checkout as guests )
-default- / gets 10% ( Applied to every registered user - can even be added to other discounts)
-Wholesale1- / (Which gets assigned to customer 1 and has a set % discount - I would manually set this)
-Wholesale2- / (Which gets assigned to customer 2 and has a set % discount  - I would manually set this)

I've read here on the forums alot of people having similar issues but still have not found a way to accomplish my goal.

if anyone could point me to a post that may help or even a link to some documentation to help uderstand the setup of Shopper groups I would be grateful.

thanks

Zimuqürazia

Same thing for me. I am looking for a tutorial, manual, documentation, video or whatever how to setup Shopper Groups (and discounts) in VirtueMart 2. On YouTube there are only videos about VM1 and there is no explanation on virtuamart.net either.

I would like to have a similar setup as Robert. Except that the customer needs to choose his shopper group with registering.