News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Setting up Joomla 2.5.x and VirtueMart 2.0.x for multiple languages

Started by jjk, July 06, 2012, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

Hi all,
If you have many to translate you can buy this tool : http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/virtuemart-translator.htm
Google translate or bing translate can be used, if you set it right.

And for products &categories language switching and google hreflang support(better for seo): http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/multi-language-for-virtuemart.htm

sj33k

Hi,

I installed Joomla 3.4.3 with English, French, German and Dutch, and the Language selector.
Working fine so far.

Installed VM 3.0.9 and the English, French, German and Dutch language files. Selected multiple languages in config and set language fall back to english.
Created product categories for each language.
Translated the products and set to corresponding language categorie.
Working fine except that the product details pages are all shown in Dutch. So if I select French language with language switcher, I choose a product in one of the categories, the product details page is shown in Dutch to me.

What am I missing here?

Kind regards,
Jack

I found the fix:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=130067.0

I solved with this:

I replaced the joomla 3.4.1 /plugins/system/languagefilter with the joomla 3.3.6 version and this particular issue was resolved.

Studio 42

Hi sj33k,
I know you can hack Joomla core, but on each Joomla update you have the same problem.
This is why i indicate my module.
Another advantage of my module is direct switching language in products and categories.

Greets,
Patrick

suffering

Hello. I have a  virtuemart multilanguage.

My site uses joomla 2.5.9 nad VM 2.020b.

I have 2 problems,

one: i must enter in each product the name for each language, the picture assigned to witch language but i have more than 6500 references,
and i have already 6 installed languages and i want to put more...

I dont use anything different in product name or description for each language. i keep the English language.
Is there any way to auto configure this?

The reason that i must install all languages is that the pictureis not displaying to all languages but the deafult (English). Is there an option that by deafult in the images -> Languages load all option auto?

My question is this.

How can i make VM to load auto the images for all languages and if there is a way to auto take the English language in All language fields.

I mean that if i upload a new product to auto load sku - descrption(that i upload using external ERP program) to ALL languages and image to all languages also.

I am sorry for the bad description of my problem. i am new to this field.
Thank in advance

Studio 42

Do not select any language in the config of virtuemart, should work, if you don't want to translate your products.
Else you have selected to display only in English for your image, if you don't select language in image, this should display in all your shop

suffering

Thanks for reply but.

If i make the VM non Multilanguage, the field Language dissapears and i cannot do anything there.
So it should display Image to all correct? well it doesnt :(

Studio 42

This should work, else this is a bug in VM.
If a language is missing all the english content should be displayed. Image or any other fields.
So open a new Topic, and check wtih DEV if images are missing on using English for all your shop.

nezarati