News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Strange info message in the shopping cart after update to 2.0.8

Started by rnoppert, July 05, 2012, 22:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnoppert

I updated two sites (both not live) from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8c, but get a strange info message on both sites when I access the cart. Both sites are running Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8.c and have different Joomla e-commerce templates from different vendors.

Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:0 method->weight_start: method->weight_stop: result:1
        Info: weigth_countries _nbproductsCond nbproducts:1 method->nbproducts_start:0 method->nbproducts_stop:0 result:1
        weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:16.6005 method->orderamount_start:80 method->orderamount_stop:100 result:
        weigth_countries _zipCond zip:5706
        Info: weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:0 method->weight_start: method->weight_stop: result:1
        Info: weigth_countries _nbproductsCond nbproducts:1 method->nbproducts_start:0 method->nbproducts_stop:0 result:1
        weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:16.6005 method->orderamount_start:0 method->orderamount_stop:80 result:
        weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:16.6005 method->orderamount_start:0 method->orderamount_stop:80 result:

It is related to the shipping method, because the notifications are gone when I delete all shipping methods, but once I recreate one the message is back. We need these sites to go live without these informational notifications, so can someone please let me know how to correct the issue? A screenshot off the notification is attached.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

You see this messages only, when you are logged in as administrator, they are there to find problems with the automatic selected methods (shipment/payment).
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rnoppert

Thanks for the info. Couldn't find any information about it, so thought is was a bug.

marco

Why? There was already the debug "only for administrator" - I found this new thing much confusion. Please give an option for that (even if an option will be similar to "only for administrator") this is a boring thing.

Rufflet

I removed these warnings simply commenting out some lines in the file /plugins/vmshipment/weight_countries/weight_countries.php

Line 283-284: vmAdminInfo('weigth_countries _weightCond orderWeight:'. $orderWeight. ' method->weight_start:'. $method->weight_start.' method->weight_stop:'...
Line 308-310: vmAdminInfo('weigth_countries _nbproductsCond nbproducts:'. $nbproducts. ' method->nbproducts_start:'. $method->nbproducts_start...
Line 331-333: vmAdminInfo('weigth_countries _orderamountCond cart_amount:'. $cart_prices['salesPrice']. ' method->orderamount_start:'. $method->orderamount_start...
Line 353-355: vmAdminInfo('weigth_countries _zipCond zip:'. $zip, ' method->zip_start:'. $method->zip_start...

erka

Why do you have them to show as default? If I choose that I don´t want any debug info to show I don´t want any debug info to show.

jmgroud

Hello
I'm french and administrator in my web-sites...
So debug informations is good but only good if i want to have this informations...
Is it possible to use Virtuemart with a administrator profile without debug-messages ????!!!!!!!!
(on my parameters i have this : "Pas de debogage" (in french sorry ! this is "No debug")
Oups !!!!!!!
Jean-Marie

cas

Same problem here.  Please turn this info off unless we select display debug info. 

RuggeroSB

Agree! Please give an option to disable the debug info.

adriespo

Me same problem. I ask for a global option to set in future release, thanks...

readyforchange

I've disabled debug messages but this still pops up.... ? 

Why is this the case?  How do i fix this ?

Milbo

Quote from: marco on July 09, 2012, 23:51:49 PM
Why? There was already the debug "only for administrator" - I found this new thing much confusion. Please give an option for that (even if an option will be similar to "only for administrator") this is a boring thing.

The problem is then that you often see so many messages, that it is hard to filter the correct ones. So we added a new message type, which is always shown to administrators. But only to them.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Stonedfury

This message sucks. Very confusing as I thought I had it turned off and here i finally find out its a no choice message.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

bytelord

vmadmininfo function that is responsible for that debug messages (only for admins) will be removed on the next release 2.0.12.
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

Pilly57

Quote from: bytelord on September 28, 2012, 00:14:06 AM
vmadmininfo function that is responsible for that debug messages (only for admins) will be removed on the next release 2.0.12.

Yeah, but it wasn't, because I am still getting this irritating debug message on 2.0.22c (Joomla 2.5.14) and (PHP 5.4.19)