[Solved][VM-CUSTOM, stockable variants] won't work VM 2.0.8a

Started by Florentp, July 05, 2012, 11:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florentp

Hi. I'm Using VM 2.0.8a.

There is a bug, don't know if that's new with VM 2.0.8a, but the custom field with plugin "VM-CUSTOM, stockable variants" won't work.
Tested on my test website, and into a fresh new install.

Description of the problem :
When you add a product variant (child) to your shopping cart, the SKU used is not the good one !
The SKU's are replaced by the last item's SKU that has been added as child product.

The size number 10 has the SKU NUMBER: SKU-for-Size-10  and the size 12 has the SKU NUMBER: SKU-for-Size-12    (the rests have blank SKU which will replaced by parent product's SKU. Okay? And I added the 8, 10 and 12 sizes to cart and look at the screenshots  and see how it looks like:

So actually, there is no working solution to have produt stockable variants (with SKU) :/
Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.

OpenGlobal

Are you using a customised product details view/layout?

OpenGlobal

Florentp

Hey. I did another test on a fresh install, and with the original them, and yes, it works.
Sorry for this little wast of time. But thanks because you gave me the answer i was waiting : it should works.

Thanks,
Florent.

OpenGlobal

No problem.

Most of the javascript in VM relies on certain HTML IDs and classes being present. Any template customisations that remove these can break everything.

OpenGlobal

Florentp

Hi !
The company who sold me the template says "The problem is happening in the official Virtuemart (without our VM Template)".
So they won't fix the issue...
Could you confirm me that for you VM works fine with the stockable variants ?
Because, i did the test, for me VM works fine without the template... But just to be sure.

OpenGlobal