News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Migration from VM 2.0.6 to VM 2.0.8 - List of bugs

Started by toonetcreation, July 05, 2012, 09:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

The user registration is working, but you can use really a lot of different configurations. And one of this configurations is not working, which is in fact a quite senseless configuration. Most people do not use account activation by email. Which even work as long you do not have more than one url pointing on your store.

The stock managment is working. Just the message of low stock is not always working. Again only when you have the case that you use the some special variants, for normal products with variants it works.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

Ok for user registration, I agree it's not a real big problem...but for security reasons (e.g to avoid SPAM) a working self-reg could be useful I think.

About stock management, I agree it works on the front-end but ADMIN does not receive an email when a product is empty.

With special variants, that mean I cannot manage my stock? so I cannot have a product in M, S or L size and manage the stock for each size?
If yes, could you please tell me how?

Thanks again for your support
Laurent

Milbo

It depends on how you organise this variants. You must use the stockable plugin or the dynamic child variants. I do not reallly understand which version is not working. In general the notify is sent, when after the stockupdate the count is lower than the configured value. Therefore it should also work for childs, but john says it does not.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

ok so am I right with this ?

- stockable plugin : go to Products -> Custom Fields -> New -> Custom Field Type = plug-ins

- dynamic child variants : go to Products -> Custom Fields -> New -> Custom Field Type = Generic child variant

Milbo

toonetcreation

Ok thanks so now, if I want to manage my stock for each size for a product (e.g: tee shirt in S, M and L size) I have to:

- create the main product
- create childs products (one for each size, so 3 childs)
- link them to the main product
- create a custom field called for example options (Products -> Custom Fields -> New -> Custom Field Type = plug-ins AND plug-in = VM - Custom, stockable variants) with option name 1, option name 2, option name 3 and option name 4
- go to my main product -> tab Custom fields -> then I add the custom field created before with all the size (see attached file called custom-field.jpg)

Questions:

- Am I right again ?
- Do I have to check the boxes called Parent Variant  (see attached file called custom-field.jpg) ?
- on main product, on the tab Product status, do I have to fill in In stock and Low Stock Notification fields? or is it on childs products?
- on childs products, on the tab Product status, do I have to fill in In stock and Low Stock Notification fields? or is it only on main product?

Many thanks again.
laurent

[attachment cleanup by admin]

toonetcreation

Hi Milbo, about my last post, what do you think?

toonetcreation

Hello

Someone can confirm if I'm right or not with this?

Ok thanks so now, if I want to manage my stock for each size for a product (e.g: tee shirt in S, M and L size) I have to:

- create the main product
- create childs products (one for each size, so 3 childs)
- link them to the main product
- create a custom field called for example options (Products -> Custom Fields -> New -> Custom Field Type = plug-ins AND plug-in = VM - Custom, stockable variants) with option name 1, option name 2, option name 3 and option name 4
- go to my main product -> tab Custom fields -> then I add the custom field created before with all the size (see attached file called custom-field.jpg)

Questions:

- Am I right again ?
- Do I have to check the boxes called Parent Variant  (see attached file called custom-field.jpg) ?
- on main product, on the tab Product status, do I have to fill in In stock and Low Stock Notification fields? or is it on childs products?
- on childs products, on the tab Product status, do I have to fill in In stock and Low Stock Notification fields? or is it only on main product?

Many thanks again.
laurent

OpenGlobal

If you want to manage the child stock levels, then yes, you have to fill in the stock levels on the children. If the parent stock levels are irrelevant if you are managing child stock levels.

OpenGlobal

toonetcreation

Ok thanks.

So that mean on the parent, in Product status tab, I type 0 in the field In Stock and 0 in the field Low Stock Notification ?

Does that mean also the stock level icon is useless ?
Because this icon is linked to parent stock level and not child stock level. correct or not?

OpenGlobal

These values on the parent are ignored for the stockable cart variant.

OpenGlobal

toonetcreation

OK.

So if I understand correctly we have 2 cases:

- use without childs products + without stockable car variants= stock level management works with the parent and the stock level icon is useful and working

- use with childs products + stockable cart variants = stock level is managed at child level and stock level icon is non working

And is there a possibility to display on the front-end the child stock level ?
for example with a tee-shirt in S and M size with something like that:

S = 5 items in stock
M = 4 items in stock

OpenGlobal

The stock level availability works with stockable variant too, but on the child level, not the parent.

If you want to display the stock levels of the children, you'll need to access the javascript.

OpenGlobal

toonetcreation

Thanks for your answer.

That mean by default I can't display the stock level of the children, but only for the parent.
And as I need to manage my stock at children level (because one product can have many size), I think I will not display stock level availability on the front-end.
It would be better to use options called "Do not Display Product" or "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock" when a Product is Out of Stock.

Do you know if it's normal that ADMIN does not receive an email when a Product is Out of Stock (due to a customer order) ?
Is it a bug or this feature is not implemented yet ?

For my info, I have opened 2 another topics, did you encountered these problems?

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106146.msg353983#msg353983

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=106148.msg353987#msg353987

Thanks again
Laurent