One child item out of stock - Other child items not orderable

Started by jeoff, August 08, 2012, 22:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeoff

I am using Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8e. Also the aio is on version 2.0.8e. I installed the Dutch (NL) Language pack.

Bug:

The website is not online yet. I configured the shop and added one product ( a pair of pants).
I then created a custom field - Stockable Variant - with the option values being a number of different sizes.
Then I went back to the product (pants) - Custom Fields tab - Added the custom field I just created for the different sizes.
From there I created two child products, one with size 50 and one for size 56. I set the stock value of size 50 to 4 and the stock value of size 56 to 0.

Then if I go to the shop front to the product (the pants) I see the drop down box to select the two sizes. however when I want to add the size 50 to my shopping cart I get the message that the product is out of stock!

I double checked that the child item of size 50 stock value is still set to 4.

I then set the stock value of the other size 56 to 1, then I can add both items to my cart (size 50 and 56). However after completing an order of size 56, the stock goes back to 0 and I cannot order size 50 anymore either!

So if one of the child products stock value is 0 I cannot add any of the other child items to the cart because of the our of stock message.

jeoff

Setting the parent item stock level to 0 solved this issue!
However I think it's a strange problem to arrise if the parent stock level is set to 1, that the child products stock level gets so messed up.