Migration from VM 2.0.6 to VM 2.0.8 - List of bugs

Started by toonetcreation, July 05, 2012, 09:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toonetcreation

Hello Team,

I'm running on Joomla 2.5.4 and I have tested migration from VM 2.0.6 to 2.0.8

Here are my first results (you can see the website in live mode here: http://mon-secret.toonetcreation.com/index.php/la-mode/jeans-pantalons.html):

-> Availability icon has disappeared on product details page:

With a product (in stock) with or without childs products and option field selected (for size for example)  -> the icon is not displayed.
With a product (not in stock) with or without childs products and option field selected (for size for example)  -> the icon is displayed.

NB: option field is activated with a custom fields (Plug-ins type).

See attached files called availability-icon-before.jpg and availability-icon-after.jpg

-> On back-end, the link "Create an invoice" does not work:

See attached files called invoice.jpg

-> Stock management problems:

1. When a product is ordered and then out of stock, ADMIN does not received an email to alert him that related product is not in stock anymore.

2. Stock level display in back-end is wrong (see attached files called stock-inventory-01.jpg and stock-inventory-02.jpg)
On the filter menu, if I select "Product low stock", I see only products not in stock instead of product in low stock.

3. Stock level display in front-end is wrong (see attached file called stock-level.jpg)
The icon on the front-end says "Not in stock", but I have some items in stock (e.g: 3 in S size, 2 in M size, and 0 in L size)...but the display is wrong.
A general question, how works stock management with childs products, to manage size for example?

-> User registration problem:

Even if I select all the parameters, the customer does not receive the self-registration e-mail.
And, when a customer tries to create an account on the website, he is automatically logged-in, instead of activate his account before.

See attached file called user-registration.jpg

I will update this post if I found some bugs or strange stuff.

Thanks in advance for your work and your support.

laurent

[attachment cleanup by admin]

toonetcreation

toonetcreation

I have seen that VM 2.0.8c is now available, do you know if issues described above are solved on this release?

toonetcreation

Milbo

Partly, I am quite sure we looked on some of them.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

ok thank you.
do you know when a solution should be provided (approx) ?

DaSco

In the version 2.0.8c is not applyed the rule associated to a category if the category is not published.

This working in the version 2.0.6.

You can try if it happens to you?

toonetcreation

I'm sorry I don't undertand what do you mean by "the rule associated to a category if the category is not published." ?

DaSco

Sorry for my bad English..

If I set a calculation rule for a category1 and after that I set this category not published, the calculation rule doesn't work, while in vers. 2.0.6 was all ok.

For example I need to create a not published category for set a discounts of my supplier.

Milbo

Quote from: DaSco on July 10, 2012, 23:24:08 PM
In the version 2.0.8c is not applyed the rule associated to a category if the category is not published.

This working in the version 2.0.6.

You can try if it happens to you?

Fixed for version d
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

toonetcreation

If now a version d will be released, that mean version 2.0.8 is not stable ?

DaSco

Milbo

Tss toonetcreation. You have always patches for windows, linux and mac. Why do you think it is different here? When it wouldnt be stable, we couldnt do patch releases within 3 days.

When it would be unstable, it would take a lot longer, as it did before. We did not add any new features, just fixes.

toonetcreation

I said VM 2.0.8 is not a stable version because me, and a lot of people, are finding every day a lot of important bugs (e.g: stock management, user registration etc..) and from my point of view (but maybe I'm wrong), when some main features are not working, it's not stable a version.

If there are minors bugs on some specific features (not so used by the user), ok it's not so important, and we can go on.

but now, for my use, it's not possible to use correctly VM if these main features are not working properly.

And be sure that I really appreciate the hard work done by all the VM team.