News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.0.8b -> Products lost images.

Started by BinaryCrash, July 05, 2012, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinaryCrash

Hello,

I had Joomla 1.7.3 with VirtueMart 2.0.0
Then i updated Joomla to 2.5.6 (No Errors)

VirtueMart was ok, nothing changed.

Then i updated virtuemart using the install method.
Extracted the "extract first" file.
Installed virtuemart first, no errors.
Installed iao, no errors.

The Administration of virtuemart looks ok, just a bug in the menu with some "undefined" text at the tabs in the config section, but it has now 2 lines of these tabs and the second one is ok. This is not a problem for me, just reporting.

The problem is now the product images are missing.
The thumb for the default product image is also missing.
It got back to that "No image available" blue box image.
When i try to edit the product, in images section, i see the secondary images thumbs there. (admin page, back-end)
When i open product details (in front-end) I see the "no image available" image and no more secondary image thumbs.

There is many products in catalog and every product have this problem.
Is there a way to regenerate the thumbs? Where do i check if the files are still in the folders? (I am new to virtuemart, this is my first website with it)

So i have a problem with the product detail layout page and with the product images.

Would someone help? Thanks.

Milbo

oha, the step from 2.0.0 to 2.0.8 was a bit big. I think it is mandatory to update first from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2. We do a nasty change of table keys there. But from 2.0.2 you should be able to update directly to 2.0.8c,

But now to your questions. First your images are NOT deleted. I think the urls are just wrong or so. First I would check the vm configuration and check if the URLs and path is still valid in the template section. Then maybe everything is already working. If not,

The easiest way, but a bit time intensive maybe, is to go into the media view of your shop. There you see all medias. Can you see the thumbnails there? then the images just lost the reference to the product. When the thumbnails are gone, uuhm,...

Since the system is not finding your files it should be safe to delete all entries, but this could delete your images. Safest way, backup them first. and btw

Always befor you do changes: Backup, backup, backup. You may use akeeba for this.

then just use the synchronise media, all images should appear again, if not, just press it again. Then oyu must go to your products and attach the images again to your products and everything should be done.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

BinaryCrash

Thank you, i will try to update one by one to see if it works.

I have backup, did it before started the update.

I will reply here later to inform if it was a success. :)

Thank you very much.

BinaryCrash

recovered from my backup.

Updated from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 (stable)
The problem happens in this update.
Every product shows "image unavailable" blue box.

But in the back-end i edit a product and the images are there in "images" tab, everything normal.

How do i solve this?

Also i tried to use the tool "Synchronize media to virtuemart", it showed this error messages:

Found prior migration process, resume migration maxScriptTime 479 maxMemoryLimit 1269
        Synchronized 0 media for product in directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/
        Synchronized 0 media for category in directory images/stories/virtuemart/category/
        Synchronized 0 media for manufacturer in directory images/stories/virtuemart/manufacturer/
        Synchronized 0 media for vendor in directory images/stories/virtuemart/vendor/
        Synchronized alltogether 0 files

Info: File for images/stories/virtuemart/product/ c-560.jpg is missing

vmError: COM_VIRTUEMART_URL_NOT_VALID

EDIT:
I noticed the manufacturers are with "no image" bluebox and then when i checked this record i see the manufacturer is published, but the image is not. (published = false)
Then i check that checkbox and saved.

Now the image is showing again, normal.

The products are the same, product is published, but the image is not.

Every product have at least 4 adittional images.

All of then are unpublished.

How do i make it be published without going one by one?

Would it ok to update directly in the mysql database? What fields?

The virtuemart is at 2.0.2
I will update after i get this corrected (will make a backup every step)

Thank you.

BinaryCrash

I used the media files to publish all the images.
Updated then to every next stable version until 2.0.8c and now everything works fine.

Thank you for your help.

bindee

I didn't get any backup and updated from 2.0.0 to 2.0.8b. Please help me how can i solve this problem without updating one by one. Thank you.

BinaryCrash

Quote from: bindee on July 30, 2012, 17:36:52 PM
I didn't get any backup and updated from 2.0.0 to 2.0.8b. Please help me how can i solve this problem without updating one by one. Thank you.
Try to use media to publish all the images.
I did update one by one to see when it broke and fix it.
I noticed it change "published" option in images when it goes to 2.0.2
You can publish all of it in administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=media

Then i noticed it changed the way it detects modified layouts, so i had to remake the category and product details on my custom layouts.

I recommend you to always backup before any upgrade.

bindee

Thank you for your help. All images are published already and I tried republish them all. But category section picture problem still occurs. Could you send me php file so i can try to replace it.

BinaryCrash

The image "no image available" in category was the same problem, publish it.
I don't know, but you may reset your cache (joomla, browser, etc)

What PHP file do you want?

bindee

Actually it's not only product image problem. "Product details" button in category directs to home page. So i guess someting wrong in  "components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php" file.

BinaryCrash

Quote from: bindee on August 01, 2012, 02:44:00 AM
Actually it's not only product image problem. "Product details" button in category directs to home page. So i guess someting wrong in  "components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php" file.
I am new to vm. Sorry i cannot help you on this.

bindee

In components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php

foreach ( $this->products as $product ) {
   $BrowseTotalProducts ++;
}
this line counts product number correctly.

But when i add
echo "<pre>"; print_r( $product ); echo "</pre>";
line and product variables are all empty.

TableProducts Object
(
    [virtuemart_product_id] => 0
    [virtuemart_vendor_id] => 0
    [product_parent_id] => 0
    [product_sku] =>
    [product_name] =>.... etc

Please help me where can i find the bug. Tnx