News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

All tax rates showing in cart

Started by hyperweb, July 04, 2012, 23:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyperweb

In my virtuemart install I've configured it for several Canadian tax rates. When I add an item to the cart all tax rates show up with the  dollar amount so the total price is not accurate. But when I do checkout, all tax rates are gone but only the rate associated with the province is still in the cart and now I have an accurate total price. This is not good cause the shopper initially sees all tax rates and a total price that is not accurate as well. This will definitely turn away buyers.

Now when I initially set up the tax rates I did not select a shopper group. However when I go back and edit the tax rate and add the default shopper group then that tax is no longer visible in the cart... HOWEVER when I enter my shipping address the tax still does not show. When I go thru the checkout process the tax rate is still not visible. (this is because I've now selected a shopper group)

Do I have to select a shopper group? Is there something wrong with my configuration or a bug in the system?

URGENT help needed here please.

srseale

There are a few parameters that you need to have in place.  In my Shopper Groups, I have included:

Baseprice                
Discounted Price without tax          
Final salesprice          
Salesprice without tax          
Discount amount          
Tax amount

Make sure you check both Enable shoppergroup specific price display and Show Prices

In Configuration/Configuration/Pricing, make sure you have the same prices showing as your Shopper Groups and check off

Membergroup to show prices to
Show Tax in Cart   and
Show Prices.

By playing with these parameters, you will get the pricing you want in the cart.

Are you using Tax per Product or Tax per Bill in the Tax calculations?  I have found Tax per Product gives me the best results.

Hope this helps...

srseale

Another option that I have tried and seems to work is a Default Tax Rate of 0%.  Set up a Tax Calculation where the amount is 0.0000, the Arithmetic Operation is +% and the Default Currency is Canadian dollars.  Let everything else default...

Then, anonymous shoppers will see no Tax until they specify a Bill to and/or Ship to address.  Then the correct Tax will apply.