News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vm-bug ? no metadata with/in standard manufacturer details layout

Started by slammy, June 14, 2012, 14:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

Hi all,

I don´t know if this is 100% related to virtuemart, maybe it´s Joomla - I don´t know, sorry when I am wrong.
I am currently using Joom 2.5.4 and vm 2.0.7_d.

I´am facing the following problem:

I have some menuelinks to differrent virtuemart manufacturer detailed layout pages and I want to use the metadata option in the menuelink-configuration. If I use them and place keywords and descriptions there , they do not show up and instead of them, the system uses the global configurated metakeys and descriptions from joomla system.

Does anyone else have this problem too or do I have to configure something special to use this? I appreciate any help, thank you.
regards slam

slammy

hi, just updated first to vm 2.0.8 and then 2.0.8_a with joomla 2.5.6. The problem still occurs. Am I am the only one who have this problem? Does no else one uses the manufacturer details layout and is in the need of meta keys and description?

jjk

I think Joomla is responsible for this, because it happens with pure Joomla article links, too. Perhaps you will find some information about that in the Joomla forums or documentation.
I just tried to add a description meta tag to a manufacturer's description manually, but apparently Joomla strips it. Maybe this can be configured somewhere in Joomla.

...perhaps a Joomla extension like this can solve your problem: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/seo-a-metadata/meta-data/17926
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

slammy

hi, thx for ur post and hint. I will try to find some more informations about that and if I succeed I will post my solution here. regards slam

Update: this extension is very very great, thx for this big hint !!! thumbs up!