BUG/Problem in Breadcrumbs ... link categories / category (no override)

Started by lipes, May 18, 2012, 05:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

I am using default joomla Breadcrumbs but i've got one problem in going back to main category of the products
No Override!

for example: Index Shop > Category A > Sub-Category 1

Two links but just only one work... dont know why this problem happening:
1: Category A: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=categories&virtuemart_category_id=1  Work   
2: Category A: /index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=1 Dont Work!

Example 1 - If i go with the Main Menu by Clicking on "Category A" works fine with 1st link...

But with Breadcrumbs... If you're in the index page and clik in any featured product ....
(now you go to Product Details Page) ..
You dont want to go to "Sub-Category 1" (works fine displaying all images -> VirtueMart Categories Layout)....
You just want to go to main "Category A".... But if you click on breadcrumb "Category A" link shows a blank area with no categories images of that Main Category  (This is the 2nd link version is working like a VirtueMart Category Layout but must be Categories Layout .... its a BUG???? )

How to solve this big problem?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

lipes

like you could see here: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2066/newqp.jpg

if you click go to this blank page:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9533/new2qo.jpg

this is a big bug... i am having problems with this for months :|
cant go back and see the Cat images
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

shaz

I have pretty much the same problem..  If I click on the menu the hierarchy stays correct, but if I click on the "next image" button once I am in the category, breadcrumbs shows a different hierarchy and it should not have jumped out of the category.

I am running Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.9

any ideas anyone?

thanks
Sharon
I am running Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.9