News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

only 8 products per view with 2.0.8_a

Started by slammy, July 02, 2012, 14:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John2400

Hi , I'm just adding my little bit to say that I too have the limiting of products view-  I have 20 products in one category - I can see the Pagination set and can see next at the top of the page - .

* when I click next - I still only see the front page ( or the original products) .

* have then gone into the category section and set the "category form Initial display records" to 20.

* the result as stated below is that I now have all products showing on the front or page 1. 

my version is shown in my footer .  If someone has a better solution then let us know for now - Thank you slammy for your solution.

Milbo

In the d version it is enough to set the limit one time per vm config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

John2400

Set - both SEO to the same setting - see image -  this fixed the issue

[attachment cleanup by admin]

slammy

Hi all,

I just did the update to sr 2.0.8_e and the global configuration does function properly again. Great, thread solved.
BUT: If you used my workaround/solution and put the limits in the category configuration -> you have to set up these entrys to zero to make global vm config happen, see screenshot below ...

best regards slam

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lipes

I am with only 8 products per view with the last VM version too

In my Configuration i've got:
Shopfront > Max products per view in frontend: 20
In the Template > Set the pagination sequence for the List Box: 20, 40, 60

And in the front end when i visit any Category only displays 8 products per page !!!
works if we click to display 40 per page ... and then we need to go back again to 20 products per page...

I've also got some problems in the:
- Creation of a new user (without he/she agreed with the terms of service check box) sends a Joomla 500 error page ... and if i go back the system confirm that the user has been created (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105481.0);
- Filtering products Sku's (for example GR-2845 ) with some special characters like the  - dont work (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=105472.0);
- Filtering the categories names is not working too (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103428.0);
- The Final Price is not saving by hitting the "Save & close".. We need to hit "Save" first and then "Save & Close" ... this process for have a correct procuct final price its so bad when Versus VM1 :-/   (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104960.msg349348#msg349348)

I have some good features ideas to propose but i'll wait this fixes to not overcharge the VM team work ...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

John2400

Just wondering did you try the settings below and set the categories to 0 and the SEo settings as described to then see if pagination worked. then reset the categories to 20, 40 We all had the same issue in 2.0.8 d and it was ok there we just had the wrong configurations?  Then we will know it is the pagenation sequence issue in configuration >>templates setting or the categories issue.

slammy

Hi Lipes,

don´t know if I understand you right, but I don´t make configuration through a file or direct on the database.

Set up the global max products per view configuration in vm backend -> configuration -> shopfront  as a general numeric for all categories.
If you want to change (override) these setting for a special category, you use the configuration under vm backend -> Productcategory (choose the one you want to change) -> and then there what you described as limit_list_inital (in german version it´s named "Kategorie Formular Startzahl anzuzeigender Einträge").

regards slam

hjet

VM2.0.12b

edit config VM (Configuration ->Templates -> Set the pagination sequence for the List Box)

edit /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php line 559

$limit = $suglimit - $rest;

add after this

$prod_per_page = explode(",",VmConfig::get('pagination_sequence'));
if($limit <= $prod_per_page['0'] && array_key_exists('0',$prod_per_page)){
$limit = $prod_per_page['0'];
}

profit!

kernel

Quote from: hjet on October 15, 2012, 18:22:42 PM
VM2.0.12b

edit config VM (Configuration ->Templates -> Set the pagination sequence for the List Box)

add after this

}

profit!

Hi hjet!!

Your code works fine!!  :)
Thanks a lot!!

One question: When you upgrade virtuemart in the future, will rewrite the product.php file and this changes will be lost. Is there any way to save this file with templates overrides?

Greetings.
Kernel.

tonis

Many thanks for this solution, it has repaired my pagination problem on manufacturer product page ... now it works with the default configuration setting  8)

Quote from: hjet on October 15, 2012, 18:22:42 PM
VM2.0.12b

add after this

}

profit!

bytelord

Added to the core by Max. Will be available on the next releases (2.0.16, 2.1)

Thanks hjet
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

csimmo

I am so sorry for asking, but this mean the code should look like this: I am running VM 2.0.14

Line 548         $catModel= VmModel::getModel('category');
         $category = $catModel->getCategory();
         if(empty($limit)){
            if(!empty($category->limit_list_initial)){
               $suglimit = $category->limit_list_initial;
            } else {
               if(empty($category->limit_list_step)){
                  $suglimit = VmConfig::get ('list_limit', 20);
               } else {
                  $suglimit = $category->limit_list_step;

}
            }
            if(empty($category->products_per_row)){
               $category->products_per_row = VmConfig::get ('products_per_row', 3);
            }
            $rest = $suglimit%$category->products_per_row;
line 565            $limit = $suglimit - $rest;
               }
            }

Mrstech

Hi,  I'm having the same problem with VM 2.014  :-(

Where you able to get it working Csimmo??

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!