News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SEF Enabled -> problem with displaying cart

Started by capricornio, October 06, 2012, 13:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capricornio

Hi all,

I've enabled Joomla Core SEF and VM SEO, pagination and SEF URL's look all good, but I have a problem when I want to show my cart or add a product to the cart.
Then I receive the message that I should logon first (even though the product is added to the cart, the cart can't be displayed).

Even tried it with the VM Config options for checkout ask for registration and only registred users can checkout disabled, but that did not help.

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong here ?

Website is http://www.mylittleloft.capricornio-it.nl/

Running VM 2.0.12 on Joomla 2.5.7

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

bytelord

Hello,

Did have any joomla menu item that points to VM only for registered users? For example you have a joomla menu item named cart that points to vm cart and is only for registered users, if yes turn that menu on for public access.

If you want hide the menu from anonymous users do the follow structure on your menu:

User Options [Registered]
       -> Account maintenance [Public Access]
       -> Add an address [Public Access]
      etc, etc

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

capricornio

Hi Bytelord,

No I have no menu item that point to the shopping cart. The only link to it is from the productdetails page when you order something or from the module VM Shopping Cart.
Is a menulink necessary ?

bytelord

Hello,

necessary if mostly for virtuemart component (shop front) to have  a menu which already i suppose you have assigned, but please also apply to the cart page.
May be you have menu items points to account registration, view orders, etc, etc and are for registred users only.

Regards

capricornio

Hi,

Actually I don't use the shops frontpage, as I use a default Joomla article as homepage together with some modules around it that shows VM info.
The only VM navigation I have is the links to the product categories.
But if it's necessary to get everything up and running correctly, it's no problem for me to add a menu with specific user items.

bytelord

Hello,

You have to publish com_virtuemart (virtuemart front page) under a menu item, and under this item the rest of them, your joomla home page will not change .

Regards.

capricornio

Thanks,

What I did right now is to create a menu with different VM menu items like Frontpage and Shopping Cart and have this menu not linked from anywhere. I am only a bit concerned whether this would affect the security of the shop.
Main reason for this is that I don't like the VM frontpage at all and doing a template override will cost me more time than a simple Joomla Homepage with some modules around it

bytelord

Hello,

No security issues, don't worry about that. Just hide the vm front page menu.

Regards