Auto selection of shipment doesn't work anymore with 2.08 (2.0.12)

Started by melingmeier, June 30, 2012, 16:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad78

Same issue here. J2.5 VM2.014

I am trying to:

• Not have 'Select Shipment' and 'Select Payment' method available for the user to have to select it because I only have one of each, so it seems rather useless for them to do that.
    My Flat-Rate Shipping is not showing on the checkout page (and this is prior to the user registering) using the PRO_SHIP plugin, since I can't get VM's default plugin to work either.
    Disabling/Enabling Klarna didn't make a difference

VirtueMart Settings are in the screenshots, labeled.

Other problems:

• if users don't check the checkbox for reading the terms prior to check out, they still can Check Out without checking it. Doesn't make sense. They should be presented with an error message.
    states do not display in the drop down when user is registering (the country and states are ALL enabled in the backend).
  • I have 'Show Tax in Cart' disabled because there is no tax, yet the tax label is on the Checkout page. Why?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

brendan

Yes have the same issues in VM2.014. Checkout confusing and not at all intuitive.
I only have 1 shipment and 1 payment option. I don't need to display them. I want to remove those 2 lines and just show the check out now button.
How can I do this?
Help?

toad78

I just wound up using CSS to display: none;

I hope that future upgrades will allow for more options, and I also understand that it takes a great team of developers to try to create a stable system. Kudos to the VM Team for all that you do, and we hope to see further improvements.

mmacchia

Quote from: beertje_007 on November 15, 2012, 21:28:58 PM
hi all,

does anyone have a solution yet?
i have joomla 2.5.8 with vm2.0.14 installed.
i have one payment method which works with auto fill. This method has NO countries selected.
It did not work with auto fill when i had countries selected in it.

Now the only method which does not work with auto fill is the shipping method.
shipping consists of 10 methods based on countries and weights.
Each time i go to the checkout form, VM presents only 1 shipping method but does not auto select it.

if someone has a solution please let me know.

kind regards,
Roy