Auto selection of shipment doesn't work anymore with 2.08 (2.0.12)

Started by melingmeier, June 30, 2012, 16:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melingmeier

I have only one shipment method configured. When I start the checkout process, system ask to chose a shipment method anyway...
This feature worked fine under 2.06

How do I get it to work?
Virtuemart Version: 3.0.16 on Joomla 3.5.1; php 7

serapol

I confirm that the problem is. After the update is automatically stopped virtuemart_aio Select is selected method of delivery and payment. The problem is in virtuemart_aio

serapol

I found the reason. The problem of payment plugin Klarna.

At the moment the decision to simply disable the plug-in management.

Later, developers hope will understand why he disrupts the work of automatic selection

vigier

The problem is indeed the Klarna plugin. If you go to your standard payment plugin, edit it (don't change anything) and press save, it gives an error, I think it is about a CountryId. Disabling the plugin does the trick.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Ty3uK

guys! how u sold this problem? i have it.. write by steps please
i have version 2.0.8a (upgrade from 2.0.6 where all was fine)
avtoselection not worked and manual selection not worked to.. i added shipmens but in form when do order empty and i cant select  (there no variants)

vigier

Go to Pluginmanager (I have to translate it from Dutch so I don't know whether I translate it to the right English word), find "VM - Payment, Klarna" and switch it off. Problably there is a small green picture with sort of V in it, click it, the page will reload and it turns read.

F5 on your website and it does the trick again.

srseale

I am experiencing the same problem as reported earlier in this thread (I am running Joomla 2.5.6 and VM 2.0.8a).  However, disabling the VM Payment, Klarna plugin did not work.  As soon as I select a Ship to, the "We are sorry, " message appears and I cannot select a Shipment method even though I only have 1 shipment method configured.  I have tried defaulting everything and I have tried to specify everything I could think of.  No approach seems to work.

Essentially, all order pricing is inclusive of shipment costs, so I don't really need a Shipment Address.  However, I have been using this area for some extra information I need for the order.  I had this working in 2.0.7f before I upgraded to 2.0.8a (stable).  I may have to return to 2.0.7x if I can't get this straightened out soon.

To make sure everyone understands, here are my configuration settings (perhaps I misunderstand how it should work):

Shipment Method Information

Shipment Name    - Pre-Paid
Published                 - Yes
Shipment Description    - All Shipments are included in your fee.
Shipment Method    - VM - Shipment, By weight, ZIP and countries
Shopper Group            - Select Some Options
List Order                    - 0

Configuration

Logo                                         - Select Some Options
Countries                                 - Select Some Options
ZIP range start                         -
ZIP range end                         -
Lowest Weight                         -
Highest Weight                         -
Weight Unit                         - Kilograms
Minimum number of products   -
Maximum number of products  -
Minimum order amount         -
Maximum order amount         -
Shipment Cost                         -
Package Fee                         -
Tax                                        -   Apply default rules
Min. Amt for Free Shipment     - 0.00

According to information I received previously, if this is your only Shipment Method, it should be automatically selected as long as you have Enable Automatic Selected Shipment checked in Configuration/Configuration/Checkout (which I have).

Has this changed or am I doing the configuration incorrectly?

Thank you.

peizamo

Same problem here like above. (Klarna plugin disable did nothing)

It seems that country and zip-code must me provided before selecting shipment method even if shipment option doesn't require it.

I find that annoying because on my site shipment method is selected _before_ the billing/shipment address and customer in this case customer cannot choose any shipment option. 

jjk

Works for me without problems in 2.0.8 when 'Enable Automatic Selected Shipment?' is activated and only one shipping method is available (published) like this:

• No country assigned in shipping method configuration » Shipping method always preselected in the cart.
  • One or more countries assigned in shipping method configuration » Shipping method is only preselected in the cart if country is entered in the address and matches a country in the shipping method configuration.
  • All countries assigned in shipping method configuration » Shipping method is preselected if any country is entered in the address.
(BTW - zip code doesn't seem to be of any relevance)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Ty3uK

all three methods not working. i have  only 1 country activated:
No country assigned in shipping method configuration » Shipping method not present
   One or more countries assigned in shipping method configuration ===    All countries assigned in shipping method configuration( 1 have only one country » Shipping method not present

alatak

Hello,

I am like jjk, I cannot reproduce the problem.

QuoteHowever, disabling the VM Payment, Klarna plugin did not work.
It was meant to disable klarna plugin via the Joomla plugin manager.

Can you send screen shot of the shipment configuration, and virtuemart configuration?

srseale

alatak:

Now using 2.0.8b and Joomla 2.5.6

Attached are the screen shots of the Configuration/Configuration/Checkout, Shop/Shipment Method/Pre-Paid/Shipment Method Information and Shop/Shipment Method/Pre-Paid/Configuration.  If there are other parts of the configuration you would like to see, please let me know.

With this set up, everything works until you select a Ship to.  By that I mean that the one and only Shipment Method (Pre-Paid) is preselected.  As soon as you select a Ship to (Shipment Address), the one and only Shipment Method is deselected and you are prompted to select a Shipment Method.  When you try, you are confronted with the following message:

Checkout Step 2
     Please select a shipment method

We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

If I change Country or Shopper Group in an attempt to get things working, I get the same result.

I am open to suggestions on what this may be and how it may be corrected.  I expect that I am doing something wrong somewhere...

Thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]