VM Custom, customer text iput - Plugin

Started by srseale, June 27, 2012, 22:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srseale

I am using:

Joomla 2.5.6
VM 2.0.7f
PHP 5.3.14

I set up a Test Product with 4 different custom input text fields.  I put some simple text into each field, as follows

Test Input - 1 = AAA
Test Input - 3 = BBBBB
Text Input - 2 = CCCC
Text Input - 4 = ABCDEFGHIJ

Attached is the result of this input (taken from the Order but the situation is the same in the Cart and Confirmation e-mail).

Effectively, I get all data plus field titles in all fields.  For example, the Test Input - 1 field contains "AAATest Input - 1 BBBBBTest Input - 1 CCCCTest Input - 1 ABCDEFGHIJ".  The Test Input - 2 field contains "AAATest Input - 2 BBBBBTest Input - 2 CCCCTest Input - 2 ABCDEFGHIJ".  Etc.

I have seen a couple of threads that identify various problems with this plugin but I haven't seen a definitive solution.  Has anyone confronted this problem and solved it?

Thank you.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

vigier

I already posted this as a bug in topic http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104317.0
Maybe you can post this over there also?

srseale

Vigier:

I did just find your post from sometime in May describing this same phenomenon (I hadn't seen your reply to my note until just now).  Missed it the first couple of times through the thread (working too late...).

I am new to these Forums.  Is it safe to assume someone is looking into this?  My experience so far has been that these things do eventually get addressed, which is pretty amazing to me (I spent 40 years in the IT business and most software we paid millions for didn't work as well as this stuff does!).  This is the last obstacle for me to get this website up.  It would be good if I didn't have to rethink the entire solution again...

Thanks for your response.

vigier

Same to me. This is one of the last things to get fixed before I can go live.
Nice to know that some of the other problems are also about the custom fields: make them required and add constraints to the user input (like no values above 1500 and is has to be an integer).
I hope the guys will fix this soon!

The coders and designers do look in the bugs topics to fix problems, so I'll wait patiently till the moment they pick it up...