News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Enabling SEO leads to strange behaviour

Started by capricornio, June 26, 2012, 22:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capricornio

Hope anyone can help me with this one...

Using VM 2.0.6 on Joomla 2.5.6. Currently Joomla SEF en VM SEF disabled because I noticed strange behaviour.

1. Enabling Joomla SEF with URL Rewriting and Add Suffix, -with disabled VM SEO- results to have blank 'Next' pages from the category view. I created the landing pages using seperate menu items that are going to a Virtuemart Category Layout. The first page goes okay, following pages won't display products....

2. Enabling VM SEO together with Joomla SEF results to errormessages that customers have to login to get access to their shopping cart. Just disabling VM Seo gets rid of this behaviour

Site is www.mylittleloft.nl

jjk

If you have a local copy of your site, you can test version 2.0.7i. There has been a number of bug fixes to the router after 2.0.6 was released.
Otherwise I would suggest to enable Joomla SEF with URL rewriting (did you rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess?) and set 'Add suffix to URL' to "No". The search engines don't need a suffix. Also enable VM SEO (no checkmark) and make shure you have a suffix in the VM2 'SEO suffix' field (default is "-detail").
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations