News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Purchase digital download item available only to specific user/client

Started by adamjedgar, June 23, 2012, 10:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamjedgar

Hi guys,
have only just joined forum and havent really had the chance to go searching for this one.

i have a small drafting business. my aim is to allow clients to be able to download the drawings i have completed for them from my joomla website.

the idea is as follows...

1. client (user) logs in,
2. available files for download are filtered according to specific user (only the drawings i have uploaded for the logged in user are available for that user to purchase),
3. they select the drawing from their drawing files they wish to download and are directed to paypal (for example),
4. user pays for drawing - once a paypal script says its been paid for - the file is unlocked and available to download (or it auto downloads)
5. they download drawing file which is then permanantly unlocked (BUT ACCESSABLE ONLY BY THAT USER OR ADMINSTRATOR) until it is removed from website by administrator

(i was thinking of perhaps keeping a small charge for subsequent downloads in the future to help pay for keeping files permanantly stored on my website and providing users the convenience of always being able to download their files in the future)

i havent yet used virtue mart so any "step by step" guidance would be appreciated

cheers
adam (DIYconsulting.com.au)
website not yet live so dont go there yet