News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Disabble or remove shipping address ***SOLVED***

Started by meldmeaan, June 21, 2012, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renata

Dear letsneck

I think you removed more as suggested here above. Just remove what is suggested in the replies #3 and #5

I don't work with joomla 1.5 as this version is not supported by Joomla anymore. So i cant help you to solve this problem. Just this:

if you have removed the line as suggested in #5 you have broken the chain of scrips who are pointing to the shipment addresses. I don't know whether or not this differs when you use a different joomla version. For me it worked!

I hope someone else can help you

success
Kind regards
Renata
Please visit my website https://responsivewebsitemaken.nl for all your graphic webdesign and Joomla websites.

The big

Hello Renata and others  :)

I too would like to remove the billing address information.

I have removed the lines that have been invoked in the previous posts, but I'm still getting billing address information.

Any thoughts, maybe I've done something wrong ??

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Renata

Quote from: The big on July 16, 2012, 17:47:41 PM
Hello Renata and others  :)

I too would like to remove the billing address information.

I have removed the lines that have been invoked in the previous posts, but I'm still getting billing address information.

Any thoughts, maybe I've done something wrong ??

This topic concerns removing shipping address, not removing billing address.

Kind regards
Renata
Please visit my website https://responsivewebsitemaken.nl for all your graphic webdesign and Joomla websites.

ravsimple

Another quick way to hide it is via the CSS! As the above did not work for me

anchel

Quote from: Renata on June 24, 2012, 18:43:41 PM
Dear enricocerica

Thanks for your help! You have put me on the right way, but there was a problem:

If you are logged in and want to change your bill-to address indeed the shipping address has disappeared. But when you click on "save" you wont be able to return to the shoppingcart, but stay on the same page. Only if you click on cancel you are able to leave that page.

After testing i found the solution:

Just remove the following code from the concerning file:

{
    echo $this->loadTemplate('addshipto');
  }

And problem is solved.

Kind regards and thanks for your help.

Renata

Hi struggeling with this... i found everything and also removed everything mentioned, then I get stuck at this specific point, only problem is that even if i update the address it does not even save, and also only returns to the page with cancel, like u mentioned.

only problem is that there is no

{
    echo $this->loadTemplate('addshipto');
  }

in my page to remove...??? what to do?? PLEASE HELP SOMEONE...

Stonedfury

I want to display the shipto but only if they want to ship to another address ie, a check box then magically appearing shipto box. I wonder where that would be established in this edit you are employing.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Stonedfury

Well thanks to this post I figured it out. The ship to and bill to will only load if you actually put one in. The buttons (thanks to Pros Help) load if there is no billto and disappear if there is and the boxes appear for edit billing. Today is looking up. www.pollenranch.com/store/cart
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Carl F

HELP. I tried to edit the default_pricelist.php file as suggested by Renata (a couple of years ago) and it didn't work. Now I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/content/e/w/m/ewmacro/html/staging/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php on line 1

I believe this is because I edited the file in Word Pad instead of Notepad. YES, I'm a novice. I thought I could always put it back, but nothing works at this point.

Is there a way to fix this?

OR, can somebody send me the file so I can upload it and live with the ugly shipping address block that I totally don't need?

I'm using version 2.0.26d.

kyuzo

Here is the solution for removing Add/Edit shipment address from the bottom part of the template.

Edit /com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_shopper.php and remove/comment this line (32):

echo $this->loadTemplate('address_addshipto');