News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Multiple Orders in 1 Cart

Started by srseale, June 29, 2012, 17:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srseale

As a Beginner, I do not have a full appreciation of Virtuemart's capabilities.  Here is the scenario:

I have a major client with a central buying function.  They want to order items for several of their locations and pay for them together. Something like the following:

Bill-to A, Ship-to A1, 3 items, $100
Bill-to A, Ship-to A2, 4 items, $80
Bill-to A, Ship-to A3, 2 items, $120

1 Payment (via PayPal) for all of the above of $300.

As I understand VM today, an order has 1 Bill-to and, optionally, 1 Ship-to address (if different from the Bill-to).  To accomplish the above scenario, the cart would need to support multiple orders.  However, I have also seen references to multiple orders in carts.  My question is -

Can the VM cart have more than 1 order in it at the same time and, if so, how is it done?

Just a hint or two will be sufficient.  I don't expect anyone to give me the details of the setup/configuration, assuming this is indeed possible.

Thank you.

PS.  I will post this in the 3rd Party Extensions forum as well...

srseale

Update - I see the 3rd Party Extensions forum is for Developers to announce new products (modules/components/plugins/etc.).  Therefore, I will ask if anyone is aware of a cart that can support multiple orders that they let me know.

Thank you again.