hidden shop until user calls customer vm 2.04

Started by davidb34ni, June 20, 2012, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidb34ni

We are using vm 2.04 and joomla 2.54 what I was wanting to no how do i make sure that when a user goes to /shop that they are redirected to a virutal mart login page. The sisutation is that it like a back end shop with no front end visibility on the site bar being able to browse products and not buy until loged in and they cannot register themselfs the owner of the store will be setting up username and passwords for them

regards
david buckley

John2400

2.0.4 ??? we are well beyond this shop software - you should update.

* however you can set up a partucular page that has a full login to joomla - that could be called joomla log in etc. this does not need to be your shop front .

Then on the from end of your site you set up index.html page ( that has a link that says log in) - that link the redirects them to the login page of your shop.

Once registered the owner will be sent a link that then sends them to the shop index.php.

There some tricky bits in regards to linking the   front page to the registered page then you send them to the correct shop page.

Or you can set up redirects on your server but I think the pages will keep jumping around the net - best to just make a fake front page on your web site -

here is an example.

http://www.atastysurprise.com.au/                            the shop lives in another folder