News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Urgent - Free product on cart value Virtuemart 2.0.6

Started by ncopeman, June 19, 2012, 21:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncopeman

Hi all, I'm about to launch a site and my client has specified a launch deal.

He wants to add free products to the cart depending on the value of the cart.

I.e spend £20 get product 'A' for free
Spend £30 get product 'B' for free
Spend £80 get product 'C' for free.

Apparently this is possible in Magento but not in Virtuemart V2. I've been scouring the internet for a solution but only found V1 components.

Does anyone know of a temporary hack that will work in V2 or a beta extension I can try?

I will forever be indebted!

Neil

brentonking

I'm not 100% sure something like this exists for VM2 at this point ...

You MIGHT be able to work something out using AWO Coupon Pro - http://awodev.com/product/awocoupon-pro

One of the features is - Minimum order total trigger, so you might be able to get it to trigger an automated coupon that can only be used on A or B or C products.
The user will then have to go back through and purchase their product A, B or C and apply the coupon that will give 100% or £XX off that specific item only.

Someone might have a better solution for you.

ncopeman

Thanks so much Brentonking, I did look at awocoupon as a possible solution, UX is rather clunky...

I'm thinking a temporary solution is to add module banners around the site promoting the deal with the words "dispatched with your order"

and in the basket, some text to say something like:

"If you have purchased over ££, your free product will be dispatched with your order" (also show this text on the confirmation email).

Again this isn't fantastic and is a complete work around... but we may just get away with it.

I'm speaking to the developer about the extension Bonus Items - http://www.daycounts.com/en/shop/bonus-items-for-virtuemart - Jeremy has been really helpful and he may have a stable version for Virtuemart 2 this week (i'm keeping everything crossed).

I really do love Virtuemart but V2 is still lacking in promotions, e.g. buy one get one free etc... I'll be really interesed to see these when they are developed.

Thanks again for your help...

dontflinch

this doesn't seem to be about product creation to me.

ncopeman

Parsimonious

Quote from: ncopeman on June 21, 2012, 01:16:59 AM

I'm speaking to the developer about the extension Bonus Items - http://www.daycounts.com/en/shop/bonus-items-for-virtuemart - Jeremy has been really helpful and he may have a stable version for Virtuemart 2 this week (i'm keeping everything crossed).

That extension looks like a nice idea. I'm going to keep my eye on it for the Virtuemart 2 version.

ncopeman

I've just had word back form the developer that the release is now imminent! Although just missed our launch date :-( Still looks like a fantastic plugin though.

dontflinch

if i was a mod i would definitely move this. it didn't really fit before, now its a plugin advertisement

ncopeman

Quote from: dontflinch on June 24, 2012, 22:37:03 PM
if i was a mod i would definitely move this. it didn't really fit before, now its a plugin advertisement

I agree, it should probably go in general questions... I can't remember which forum it was originally posted in before it was moved.

As this isn't a core feature of Virtuemart (which to be honest it really should be) Then i have posted the link to the component - I searched for days for a solution before I came across it. No doubt other people will be in the same predicament when it comes to product promotion, sales and discounts! Hopefully at some point Virtuemart will include this in a future release.