News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

custom html link SEF issues

Started by bytelord, June 19, 2012, 15:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bytelord

Hello,

I am working local with VM2.0.6 and J2.5, Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.3.

I have create a menu that points to vm and sub menu items that transfer the user to account maintenance, orders list and edit address information.
Everything is working fine with SEF enabled and disabled (in joomla or vm).
The problem is that i wanna have made a  custom html module where i have place three  links that points to the same urls as the menu items. These urls are:
1. for account maintenance: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=edit         [alias: accountmaintenance]
2. user edit address: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=user&layout=editaddress  [alias: editaddress]
3. list orders: index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=orders&layout=list    [alias: orderslist]

When SEF is disabled both menu items and custom html links works fine. When i enable SEF urls the menu items is working fine but the links on the custom html module are not and returns me wrong urls.

The menu items SEF urls that works fine are:

1. index.php/shop/account/accountmaintenance
2. index.php/shop/account/editaddress         
3. index.php/shop/account/orderslist       

In the custom html module the sef urls are been converted to:

1. index.php/shop/account/editaddress/edit                 [account maintenance and shows nothing]
2. index.php/shop/account/editaddress/editaddress    [edit address and shows the account maintenance page]
3. index.php/shop/account/orderslist/list                      [orderlist and shows the orderlist page]

why does this happen? I have try to remove itemid, to remove oprion &layout=edit but nothing, the sef urls doesn't work when i place links inside an article or custom html module.

Thanks!

Nikos
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!