News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Non-commercial virtue mart theme for Joomla 2.5 and virtue mart 2.06

Started by cost22, June 17, 2012, 15:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cost22

Hello , I am looking for a free theme for virtue mart 2.0.6 and joomla 2.5.I have a template which I want to keep and just add a virtue mart theme.If I buy a theme, I will probably have issues with the appearance.So I would like to check if there is any free one.Are there any suggestions because I am quite new?

jenkinhill

There is at least one free VM themed template on http://www.linelab.org

It is not difficult to style your own VM layout, just requires a little code & css knowledge.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cost22

Hm..At this point virtuemart at the category layout shows a thumbnail of the picture 56px X 56px, next to this the title, beneath the description and price and beneath the button 'Product Details'. A link you can see my description http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/cova22/shop.jpg . I would like to make a change and the thumbail appears bigger and below just the price and quantity.Like this : http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/cova22/shop2.jpg  .How can I do that editing the css style?

mowgs

Have you tried

Configuration-Templates-Media Files Settings-Thumbnail Image Height/Width

in the VM Backend?

MDD

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, the title is displayed next to the thumbnail, but I want it underneath.
Changing the settings Configuration-Templates-Media Files Settings-Thumbnail Image Height/Width
in the VM Backend doesn't help, is there a possibility to change this in the css?

srajca

yes, you can do whatever meets your needs in css, but for positioning you should check into default.php in category folder. There you can set the width, height, div classes etc. Play around a bit and you will have a nice looking site.
I just figured it out a couple of weeks ago

MDD

Thanks for the tip! Can't seem to find the width for the products yet though....I guess the width of the products defines whether the text appears under the thumbnail, or do I have to change Something else?

srajca

try moving around the div classes. or provide a link, so I can take a look.

MDD

I've worked it out, hurray! It was the div classes, thanks! :-)

MDD

Ok, so I've fixed the problem with the text under the thumbnails in Virtuemart. Only problem now is, the first 3 products are displayed nicely, but the second 3 and the rest aren't displayed at the same height. Somehow the first 2 of every row (of 3 products) are displayed higher than the 3rd...does anyone know how I can fix that?

fan4chevy

Where exactly and how did you change the title, description, price, etc to be under the image? If you can please let me know the file, where to change and the code.

Thank you so much,

Charles

MDD

I used the dafault category view file, see attachment CategoryDefault.txt. I'm using MAMP, so unfortunately the site isn't viwable online. Thanks for taking a look at it!

[attachment cleanup by admin]