vmError: cant store this media, is a directory images/stories/virtuemart/product

Started by donnysobonny, June 16, 2012, 19:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donnysobonny

Hi there,

I have had a virtuemart 2 site up and running now for the past few weeks, acout 130 products have been successfully added.

Today, virtuemart is not allowing the upload of images. Each time we are getting the message: vmError: cant store this media, is a directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/

I cannot work out the reasoning behind this, it is strange that it has only just started happening after 130 products have been uploaded...

I will be happy to share login details for anyone that wishes to take a look.

There will be a small donation to anyone who can resolve the issue for us.

Many thanks in advance.

donnysobonny

I have also noticed that I now seem to be facing another problem.

Whenever I click on any of the categories on the front page, or any of the products I get this error message:

404 - Category not found

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    a mistyped address
    you have no access to this page
    The requested resource was not found.
    An error has occurred while processing your request.

Please try one of the following pages:

Home Page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below..

Category not found

I am in need of some help here.

As previously mentioned, a small donation will be made to anyone that can help to fix these issues.

Many thanks.

donnysobonny

Apologies for making another post here.

The 404 error has been fixed, it was a minor error on my part.

jjk

Can you supply more detailed information for your image upload problem?
- which method do you use to upload images
- Is "vmError: cant store this media, is a directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/" the exact and complete error message?
- Do you get a more detailed error message if you enable Joomla and VM2 debug in Joomla/VM2 configuration?
- Did you check if your server has a memory limit for images
... ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

donnysobonny

HI JJK

Thanks for the response.

- we are using the default method to upload the images for each product, which is by clicking on the "Product Images" tab and uploading an image there, during the process of uploading the product.
We have made sure that the "Unique filename" is most certainly unique, as we had noticed a problem if filenames were not unique before.

- on the first initial tries today, the initial error message was "vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file" which occasionally is still coming up as the error message. The majority of the time though we are getting the "vmError: cant store this media, is a directory images/stories/virtuemart/product" message.

- I have turned on debug, and here is the script that is showed:

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.00390887260437
        vmdebug put in plugin, use internal plugin table instead
        vmdebug saveModelCustomfields Var1:

Array
        (
            [custom_value] => *24x16 canvas backed
            [custom_price] => 60
            [field_type] => V
            [virtuemart_custom_id] => 3
            [virtuemart_customfield_id] => 316
            [admin_only] => 0
            [ordering] => 0
            [virtuemart_product_id] => 107
            [custom_param] =>
        )

Array
        (
            [custom_value] => 18x12
            [custom_price] => 25
            [field_type] => V
            [virtuemart_customfield_id] => 314
            [admin_only] => 0
            [ordering] => 1
            [custom_param] =>
        )

Array
        (
            [custom_value] => 24x16
            [custom_price] => 35
            [field_type] => V
            [virtuemart_customfield_id] => 315
            [admin_only] => 0
            [ordering] => 2
            [custom_param] =>
        )

vmdebug self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb
        vmdebug vmTime: loadConfig db no: 0.00343704223633

is this what you were meaning?

Server is 10MB filesize limit and unlimited storage space. Joomla is also set to 10MB filesize limit.

Many thanks in advance.

donnysobonny

*bump*

Still getting the vmError: "vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file" each time I am trying to upload images.

As mentioned previously, I am willing to make a donation to anyone that can fix this issue.

Many thanks.

donnysobonny

Hi all,

For anyone else that experiences this problem, here is how we fixed the issue.

We noticed that when we tried to upload in image via the "Media Files" section of the Virtuemart interface, that at the bottom of the page we had this message:

"/srv/disk1/778927/www/....co.uk/images/stories/virtuemart/typeless/resized/ :: unwriteable"

This message was not shown at the bottom of the page where you upload the image within the "Product Images" tab, whilst uploading the product itself.

We looked further into this, and found that during the installation of Virtuemart (or some uknown time after) the folder .../images/stories/virtuemart/typeless/resized did not exist on the server.
After creating the "resized" folder in the correct location, this resolved the issue.

I hope this helps!

liemoffline

Quote from: donnysobonny on June 16, 2012, 19:34:22 PM
Hi there,

I have had a virtuemart 2 site up and running now for the past few weeks, acout 130 products have been successfully added.

Today, virtuemart is not allowing the upload of images. Each time we are getting the message: vmError: cant store this media, is a directory images/stories/virtuemart/product/

I cannot work out the reasoning behind this, it is strange that it has only just started happening after 130 products have been uploaded...

I will be happy to share login details for anyone that wishes to take a look.

There will be a small donation to anyone who can resolve the issue for us.

Many thanks in advance.
This is my problem now! My site also works perfectly and I already added over 50 pictures OK, then today it suddenly display vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file  , and i cannot upload any pic anymore , no way, no solution from googling? Any one help me please! Thank you very much!
Joomla 2.5.3 + Virtuemart 2.0.2

jenkinhill

@liemoffline your Joomla & Virtuemart versions are very old and have known critical security issues, and that VM version conatined many bugs, maybe even the media file bug. You are strongly advised to update! If using template overrides these may need rewriting, so test on a backup copy of the site.

http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/446-important-security-release-vm-team-at-joomladay-germany
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

reshadi

In case Somebody need it:

I had this plroblem for a while and after some searches, I had figured that my host space is full and when i erased some files, the problem was solved.

Yours
Mostafa Reshadi

GJC Web Design

@reshadi  - thanks for the feedback - this certainly rings a bell from a site I fixed ages ago - but very easily over looked problem!!
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Milbo

Quote from: reshadi on July 05, 2014, 14:57:22 PM
In case Somebody need it:

I had this plroblem for a while and after some searches, I had figured that my host space is full and when i erased some files, the problem was solved.

Yours
Mostafa Reshadi

Thank you very much for posting this. Indeed it was my first idea, when I was reading "first xxx images okey, then suddenly a problem"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member