[solved]Registration/Activation problem and Checkout Process

Started by pixeldraft, June 15, 2012, 14:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kemiga

Quote from: maxboy on October 13, 2012, 06:05:19 AM
Quote from: paping on October 10, 2012, 10:47:13 AM
for 2 weeks of tweaking this problem atlast i got the solution  ;)

@paping you are all over the forum saying you have a solution, why don't you share it?
or do you want to sell it? on another forum you ask people to send you a PM to get the solution, just tell how much you charge...
thanks,

@paping why is it that you will not share your solution for the subject when a given number of users have the same problem as you did?
If you are not willing to post it for some personal reasons (don't know what that would be), then okay! Just think once again when having other issues and people don't want to share their solutions with you!

Though, I haven't checked in each forum if you have already posted it and in that case I take back what i posted.

coruja

Could someone please clarify what needs to be done at this point: "Modify the activation link (e.g. &forceActivate=true ). You can do this inside administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php (sendRegistrationEmail). "

Quote from: lonelyfugitive on July 10, 2012, 15:04:19 PM
The problem is Joomla thinks the user is logged in when it tries to activate, and therefore skips activation and sends you to the index. For some reason, somewhere along the line of the checkout process, Virtuemart "half" logs the user in, either by using a Joomla function or creating session data that conflicts with Joomla's internal workings.

Essentially, I have not solved the problem in Virtuemart, since I find the code horrible to traverse. Instead I've made a small modification to Joomla itself that isn't very intrusive. Modify the activation link (e.g. &forceActivate=true ). You can do this inside administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php (sendRegistrationEmail).

Edit the following file components/com_users/controllers/registration.php to skip the initial redirect to index if that parameter is found in the request. The script will proceed with activating the user, regardless of whether they are logged in.

public function activate()
{
$user = JFactory::getUser();
$uParams = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');
$jreq = JRequest :: get();

// If the user is logged in, return them back to the homepage.
if ( $user->get('id') ) {
if( !isset($jreq['forceActivate'] )){
$this->setRedirect('index.php');
return true;
}
}

}

Joomla 2.5.8    VM 2.0.14   PHP 5.2.18

atomikiss

Quote from: coruja on December 12, 2012, 08:45:54 AM
Could someone please clarify what needs to be done at this point: "Modify the activation link (e.g. &forceActivate=true ). You can do this inside administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php (sendRegistrationEmail). "

Quote from: lonelyfugitive on July 10, 2012, 15:04:19 PM
The problem is Joomla thinks the user is logged in when it tries to activate, and therefore skips activation and sends you to the index. For some reason, somewhere along the line of the checkout process, Virtuemart "half" logs the user in, either by using a Joomla function or creating session data that conflicts with Joomla's internal workings.

Essentially, I have not solved the problem in Virtuemart, since I find the code horrible to traverse. Instead I've made a small modification to Joomla itself that isn't very intrusive. Modify the activation link (e.g. &forceActivate=true ). You can do this inside administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/user.php (sendRegistrationEmail).

Edit the following file components/com_users/controllers/registration.php to skip the initial redirect to index if that parameter is found in the request. The script will proceed with activating the user, regardless of whether they are logged in.

public function activate()
{
$user = JFactory::getUser();
$uParams = JComponentHelper::getParams('com_users');
$jreq = JRequest :: get();

// If the user is logged in, return them back to the homepage.
if ( $user->get('id') ) {
if( !isset($jreq['forceActivate'] )){
$this->setRedirect('index.php');
return true;
}
}

}

Hi to everybody, i'm new of this forum.

I have the same issue of this post, and i have find a solution, that there isn't the better but it work fine.

In the code i changed if ( $user->get('id') ) with if ( !$user->get('id') ), so after registration the user is redirect to login page.

bye.

Thomas Kampp

The solution does not work for me. I am seeing the exact same problem (the user is unable to register during check out even though it is activated in the configuration).
Please also see this thread for screenshot of my problem: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112382.msg378056

I have tested the problem to be Virtuemart it self, as it does not even work on a fresh install!!
Danish Joomla Services: www.toolmaster.dk
Danish Joomla Services: www.joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla Hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Danish Smart Home: www.smart-home-konsulent.dk
Danish Subject Blog: www.sutra.dk

franzpeter

I think, there are only two ways for now to hide that problem.
One way is to go to the Joomla user and change the registration procedure inJoomla User Manager by setting the 'New User Account Activation to 'None' in the Options Tab. The other way would be to prevent any user registration in Virtuemart by setting the checkout procedure in the following way:
On checkout, ask for registration: off
Only registered users can checkout: off

This is not a solution for the problem. It is just a workaround.

lindapowers

Same issue

CMYKreative

We've had so many problems with VM over the past 12 months, we'll not be using it any longer I think. It's a complete and utter mess.

CMYKreative

Quote from: lindapowers on February 08, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
I'm thinking the same to be honest. Mijoshop and Hikashop seems the right way to go, at least the developers are quite more educated and polite.

The checkout is the worst I have seen in all the e-commerce solutions and is even better the fact that they don't consider it priority number 1. You see them adding options for multivendor, multiauthor, multipricing when the god damm cart doesn't even work in is default installation.

And you know why they care a shit about these post and all the others related to the checkout? cause the developer of one page checkout by rupostel provides some bug fixes to the VM team and probably they include bugs in purpose in the checkout so that we are all forced to buy that component. They must think we are all idiots and can't see that after one year of complains and bugfixes by others which are even ignored. This policy is complete bullshit and I doubt someone believes any longer than they can't fix the bugs and make a decent (not nice, just a working) checkout.

You can even see their designer posting commercial templates constantly in the 3rd party developers section while he won't take 10 mins to fix the damm checkout cause the poor Stan will loose some customers. I imagine them saying "ey Stan don't worry we will make the crappiest checkout ever so that people are forced to buy your component"

What a stupid way to loose customers and get people pissed, like me after using VM for 2 years and defending the project, I even made the entire translation in spanish.

Best thing is that when you post bugs like these their reply is "fix it yourself and post it"

So we are using joomla as 90% people cause we have little knowledge in programming and we have to fix a checkout system that makes no sense and is full of bugs when any of them developers could fix and make the checkout work in 1 hour max, and their reply is saying that the checkout is just templating. Can you believe it? ;D

Theres not a ***obscenity removed*** thing to fix other than the checkout right now. And dozens of post in the forum proove that. Just make it work by default lol, nothing more, just make it work even if is the ugliest checkout ever fix the bugs please!

Couldn't agree more. After all the years developing this, it's still got tons of stupid little problems that should have been fixed years ago. As you say, it doesn't even work "out of the box" most of the time, let alone when you try and customize it at all. Complete and utter nightmare. Sick of posting for help and getting none.

Stonedfury

Quote from: CMYKreative on February 08, 2013, 10:20:38 AM
Quote from: lindapowers on February 08, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
I'm thinking the same to be honest. Mijoshop and Hikashop seems the right way to go, at least the developers are quite more educated and polite.

The checkout is the worst I have seen in all the e-commerce solutions and is even better the fact that they don't consider it priority number 1. You see them adding options for multivendor, multiauthor, multipricing when the god damm cart doesn't even work in is default installation.

And you know why they care a shit about these post and all the others related to the checkout? cause the developer of one page checkout by rupostel provides some bug fixes to the VM team and probably they include bugs in purpose in the checkout so that we are all forced to buy that component. They must think we are all idiots and can't see that after one year of complains and bugfixes by others which are even ignored. This policy is complete bullshit and I doubt someone believes any longer than they can't fix the bugs and make a decent (not nice, just a working) checkout.

You can even see their designer posting commercial templates constantly in the 3rd party developers section while he won't take 10 mins to fix the damm checkout cause the poor Stan will loose some customers. I imagine them saying "ey Stan don't worry we will make the crappiest checkout ever so that people are forced to buy your component"

What a stupid way to loose customers and get people pissed, like me after using VM for 2 years and defending the project, I even made the entire translation in spanish.

Best thing is that when you post bugs like these their reply is "fix it yourself and post it"

So we are using joomla as 90% people cause we have little knowledge in programming and we have to fix a checkout system that makes no sense and is full of bugs when any of them developers could fix and make the checkout work in 1 hour max, and their reply is saying that the checkout is just templating. Can you believe it? ;D

Theres not a ***obscenity removed*** thing to fix other than the checkout right now. And dozens of post in the forum proove that. Just make it work by default lol, nothing more, just make it work even if is the ugliest checkout ever fix the bugs please!

Couldn't agree more. After all the years developing this, it's still got tons of stupid little problems that should have been fixed years ago. As you say, it doesn't even work "out of the box" most of the time, let alone when you try and customize it at all. Complete and utter nightmare. Sick of posting for help and getting none.

You think that the people who create VM care? Doubt it until they have no one to use their product. I am hoping one day that the developers who care will make their own off bread of VMW = VirtuemartWorking This community would go away and we could get one that helps with their product and not say "well its free so deal"
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

franzpeter

To make it work somehow without using external plugins or extensions you can do it the following way:

Change the registration procedure inJoomla User Manager by setting the 'New User Account Activation to 'None' in the Options Tab.

In virtuemart configuration set:

I think it is not absolutely necessary, that a customer needs to registrate with the Joomla registration. A customer can see the orders too without registration in Joomla as user.
If a user registration in Joomla is necessary I agree that it does not work, because the customer receives an email to open the account but clicking on the link, the customer is logged in into Joomla but the VM cart does not refresh, so for VM the customer is not logged in. My question is: does that work for other components except of the default Joomla components?

Stonedfury

Quote from: franzpeter on February 10, 2013, 16:00:57 PM
To make it work somehow without using external plugins or extensions you can do it the following way:

Change the registration procedure inJoomla User Manager by setting the 'New User Account Activation to 'None' in the Options Tab.

I think it is not absolutely necessary, that a customer needs to registrate with the Joomla registration. A customer can see the orders too without registration in Joomla as user.
If a user registration in Joomla is necessary I agree that it does not work, because the customer receives an email to open the account but clicking on the link, the customer is logged in into Joomla but the VM cart does not refresh, so for VM the customer is not logged in. My question is: does that work for other components except of the default Joomla components?
Turn off Joomla SEF and you can login/register on checkout. VM for some reason thinks it is in charge and f**ks it all up. But be prepared as there becomes new image issues.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

CMYKreative

Quote from: franzpeter on February 10, 2013, 16:00:57 PM

That's great but doesn't solve the fundamental problem that VM just doesn't work properly. For everything we have to hack it to hell to make it work. And turning off registration isn't an option for most people as they need to have confirmation of user details and acceptance of terms etc by law.

franzpeter

@CMYKkreative,

It is true that it should work as expected. But for shop owners it is better to have a possibility to use the shop instead of only complaining about a thing, which does not work for the moment.

In case of TOS and user details: VM does allow to show the option of accepting the TOS without user registration.
What does the user details say about a user? The only thing which may get checked is the email adress. You can have the same thing with your host configuration or server configuration by selecting to do a silent verification test of the email account.

I agree, that the problem should get solved by the VM delevopers but until that happens, do you want to close your store? What I can see on the developer files, it is obvious that the problem will not get fixed with the next update. Those files, which would need an update are not updated there since more than one month.

CMYKreative

Quote from: franzpeter on February 11, 2013, 11:10:46 AM
@CMYKkreative,

It is true that it should work as expected. But for shop owners it is better to have a possibility to use the shop instead of only complaining about a thing, which does not work for the moment.

In case of TOS and user details: VM does allow to show the option of accepting the TOS without user registration.
What does the user details say about a user? The only thing which may get checked is the email adress. You can have the same thing with your host configuration or server configuration by selecting to do a silent verification test of the email account.

I agree, that the problem should get solved by the VM delevopers but until that happens, do you want to close your store? What I can see on the developer files, it is obvious that the problem will not get fixed with the next update. Those files, which would need an update are not updated there since more than one month.

My point is that from the ground up the code is a real mess, hacked together, and it just doesn't work properly. We're forced to resort to other plugins or developers to fix things that should be working in the first place. This has been under development for years and it's still not "right" and unlikely to ever be.

And as for "support" . . . it's a joke . . . you get the stock answer "it's free, deal with it". Well, OK we have, we are using other carts and recommending everyone else to do the same.

EDIT: case in point, this thread alone has had 3925 views so far and the problems are still there.

franzpeter

@CMYKreative,
well, but Joomla itself has still some bugs too. That may happen while developing a component. I had to learn that the smart search component has some nasty limits, while the ancestor product, which was developed by an australian developer, had not such limits.
So, nobody seems to be perfect, no Joomla developer, no VM developer and me too: not perfect. I agree that there are some bugs in VM 2 but not in the way, that it is absolutely unusable. I do not see, that the code is completely hacked together. Maybe you can give me an example of a shopping cart solution for Joomla, which works out of the box, is absolutely reliable and offers a lot of additional modules and other extensions, so it could fit for every purpose. It should be very speedy, have an excellent checkout procedure, should support dozens of shipping and payment gateways, should be a search engine magnet with perfect sef support and should cost nothing. I do not see such a product. Maybe you can give us a recommendation.