News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product Pagination Style in Category View

Started by illambi, June 14, 2012, 01:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illambi

Hello collegues!
I am using VirtueMart 2.0.6 on Joomla 1.5.25, with  rt_Gantry Template. My web site is in http://v3.agroperfil.com/categorias/2/frutas2012-05-30-20-24-10.html

The issue is when I go to a category with several products, and it needs pagination, show me the pagination block in vertical mode. When take a look at the source code, I can see that instead <ul><li>, I have a <div> structure.

Then I changed the template for the default one, and it works like a charm. I tried to edit the default.php in \templates\rt_gantry_j15\html\com_virtuemart\category , but in line169 it call to the function vmPagination->getPagesLinks(); who writes the Divs structure.
Do you know what file I need to change? Where is getPagesLinks function definition? and Why works well in the default template if the Divs structure isn't related to the template?

Thanks in advance!
Greetings from Patagonia Argentina!

Ines.-

illambi

I still have the problem... someone there  :'(?
I need the pagination block in horizontal style, not vertical. Take a look at the screenshot

thanks!

Ines.-

[attachment cleanup by admin]

illambi

I solved this!the problem was in the joomla template (rt_gantry).
The page pagination.php in templates\rt_gantry_j15\html re writes de <ul><li> menu, like <div> structure.
I replaced these lines with the same one from other template, and it works like a charm!

thanks anyway!

Ines.-

antogkez

hello!
i have the same problrm, but i can't find anyware the pagination.php file. could you please help? ore attach the file here and tell me where to place it?
thanks in advance..

jenkinhill

Are you using that same RocketTheme template? That's where that file is.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antogkez

hello!
thanks for your response! i use this template: http://www.awesomejoomlatemplates.com/business13/index.php
i can't find anyware the  pagination.php file. Although i think that problem must be in gantry.css or joomla.css files. At least that's what i can tell from firebug. any idea? I've been forced to show 200 products/page to avoid that vertical pagination style...
thanks again in advace for any help

jenkinhill

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=110509.msg370448#msg370448   

Either create an override css file or add the style to the last template css file to load.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antogkez

nothing with the following code:
.vm-pagination ul li {
    display: inline;
    margin: 5px !important;
  }
i put it ether in gantry.css, template.css but nothing. how can i create an override css file? how sould i name it, what to write and in which folder to place it?
i remind that i just want my pagination in virtuemart products to be (normal) horizontal instead of vertical...

jenkinhill

Override css could be custom.css (for example) and add the code to load it  to your Joomla template's index.php immediately before the </head> tag
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

antogkez

well, i created a custom.css file with the code:
.vm-pagination ul li {
  }
then i added the file in the css folder of the template
and in index.php added my css at this line:
$gantry->addStyles(array('template.css','joomla.css','style.css', 'custom.css'));

but nothing again

jenkinhill

I don't use Gantry on any of my sites, so don't have an example to look at. Can you post the site url or if not, the output code from the page, just the part with pagination & surrounding div?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

antogkez

here's the code:

<div id="bottom-pagination">
               <ul><li class="pagination-start"><span class="pagenav">Start</span></li><li class="pagination-prev"><span class="pagenav">Previous</span></li><li><span class="pagenav">1</span></li><li><a title="2" href="/index.php/servirisma-kafe-tsai/flytzania-tsagioy-cappoucino/results,49-48" class="pagenav">2</a></li><li class="pagination-next"><a title="Next" href="/index.php/servirisma-kafe-tsai/flytzania-tsagioy-cappoucino/results,49-48" class="pagenav">Next</a></li><li class="pagination-end"><a title="End" href="/index.php/servirisma-kafe-tsai/flytzania-tsagioy-cappoucino/results,49-48" class="pagenav">End</a></li></ul>               <span style="float:right">Page 1 of 2</span>
            </div>

<div class="clear"></div>

jenkinhill

That looks like it is using a template override.

So the css required is probably

#bottom-pagination ul li {
  }
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

antogkez

Hello again!
thank you very much! that was what was needed! everything ok now! thanks for all your replies... you're great!
to sum up for any other:

i created a custom.css file with the code:
#bottom-pagination ul li {
  }
then i added the file in the css folder of the template
and in index.php of the template added my css at this line:
$gantry->addStyles(array('template.css','joomla.css','style.css', 'custom.css'));